Disgusted Of Wakefield

No-one will ever buy those fish...I feel like setting a tank up just to get the 2 they had done it too...!

Moron. Do you think before you blabber or do you just go ahead and type whatever comes out of your head? If you bought these fish, regardless of your intentions, that's a sale for the LFS. That's 2 dyed fish they're down now, now they must order MORE to keep up. You buying the fish would only inevitably result in more being dyed and 'tortured'.


I think the above is more out of order than the groin statement - which also I dont think was meant to offend!! , anyhow, I aint bantering to silly comments.

Debbs is no moron, infact quite the opposite, she is very good at what she does with her fish and does more than enough research into any she would buy, Indeed we were together when these "tortured" fish were seen, She would never buy them and thus " Feed " the market which they are intended for ... She was making a flippant comment, that anyone would. I felt sorry for the fish and the maternal instict in any of us is to try and help what will be a sick and suffering animal , they are more prone to disease etc in this condition. But the common sense amongst any of us I would hope on this forum is to leave them and not "Aid a sick market" ... Thats my two penny's worth , Hopefully ferox it was just a case of you reading the post wrongly, but even so this forum is to educate people, not to Bash them down with stuppid "Moron" comments like that
Take care
Becks. x.x.
 
Man you people sure are soft, no offense. =\

I'm well aware she didn't buy the fish, I just found it absurd that she mentioned she wanted to buy them to "save" them. I laughed at how ridiculous that entire idea was and probably went a little over the edge, my bad.

Dyed fish and tattooed fish are no new thing to most of us here at TFF, and frankly I get tired of seeing "x LFS sucks!" or "OMFG I SAW A DYED FISH!". They're all over, and it won't stop for a while, I just don't see what the big deal is anymore. Yes, when first noticed, people freaked out as you all did in this thread, but that was a few years ago, now it's old news, which doesn't mean it's any less awful, but still, cmon. We're all fully aware this crap takes place and put it in the back of our minds but as soon as we see one we go on a tirade about it? I see them at all LFS I go into, except ONE! But he's still got hybrids and other stupid fish I'm sure others would disagree with selling to the ignorant public.

Again, I just found her comment absurd and too frantic, if you get what I mean. The same as those people that walk into humane societies and see dogs/cats in cages or small pens and say "oh my I just wanna take them all home! They all want to go home with me, look, they're looking at me!" I'm not sure what it is, but I have a personal vendetta against those kind of people that see something they don't like in regards to pets and just bring it home, often giving it a worse-off environment...but worse...contributing to the cruelty itself (in some cases such as dyed/tat fish) by actually buying it and supplying the demand for that particular specimen.

Sorry, it's sort of a personal thing. I do love how pre-school you guys all got on me though, kinda cute.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top