Disgusted Of Wakefield

debbie888

Fishaholic
Joined
Feb 23, 2008
Messages
556
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
West Yorkshire
Well I went with a friend today to a couple of fish stores....as we were browsing round the tanks....we came across some parrot fish....my god I was shocked!

They had been tattooed.....I know this happens but it was not even done to make the fish look nice not that they could look nice being tattooed...two of the parrot fish in the tank had tattooed lips as if wearing lipstick....honest I could not believe it...!

No-one will ever buy those fish...I feel like setting a tank up just to get the 2 they had done it too...!

To the person who did it...I would like to tattoo more than your lips...preferably somewhere in any area below the waist :)....with a big, no damn massive needle!!!!!

Disgusted of Wakefield
 
imagesparrotfish.jpg


This is JUST like , I would tattoo something on this Persons Gen**** area if I had my way , and it wouldnt be nice .... so to speak
Horrified ... In the UK thought that we were supposed to be a kind caring nation .... Hey Ho life is a ***** ...
Becks.
 
imagesparrotfish.jpg


This is JUST like , I would tattoo something on this Persons Gen**** area if I had my way , and it wouldnt be nice .... so to speak
Horrified ... In the UK thought that we were supposed to be a kind caring nation .... Hey Ho life is a ***** ...
Becks.


Yep Becks looks exactly like the fish in the store....god I am still fuming....!
 
holy sh*t.. who in the hell would want to keep something that looked like that???? takes the name " clown fish" to a new level.. oh thats revolting.. think i would have pinned the owner of the shop, and tattooed him with the nearest sharp object and it would be FREAK across his forehead!!!

if the likes of him didnt buy them they wouldnt be for sale..........makes me seeth with anger, is it your usuall lfs debbs??


shelagh xxxx
 
holy sh*t.. who in the hell would want to keep something that looked like that???? takes the name " clown fish" to a new level.. oh thats revolting.. think i would have pinned the owner of the shop, and tattooed him with the nearest sharp object and it would be FREAK across his forehead!!!

if the likes of him didnt buy them they wouldnt be for sale..........makes me seeth with anger, is it your usuall lfs debbs??


shelagh xxxx


Nope Shelagh not my usually LFS...thank god as I would not be visiting again!!!
 
Makes me glad I've found my favourite lfs. The man in charge said he won't stock dyed fish, he thinks they're revolting, and as for what he said about the fad for cutting fishes tails off..... I wish they were all like him. He also won't stock balloon fish (rams, mollies etc) and isn't happy with long finned varieties, and isn't sure about gold rams compared to blue ones! However, this is the place I got my super delta betta from, so he does compromise a bit.
 
Sadly, there are some people who WILL buy tortured fish (my preferred description). Same with the coloured Danios that have started appearing. Sadly, in the Far East, this is seen as the done thing - fish have even been tatooed with advertising slogans for clients. You know where to find out how to torture these poor fish?. They have a magazine called - wait for it - 'Fish Love'. One article even shows how to remove a fishes tail. If someone feels like getting into fishkeeping, has a look at the almost limitless variety of colours, shapes and sizes freely available and then decides to ignore all that choice and buy one of these poor fish, then I can only hope something terrible happens to them in the afterlife. F*** them.
 
Sadly, there are some people who WILL buy tortured fish (my preferred description). Same with the coloured Danios that have started appearing.

I feel the need to say that the genetically altered danios suffer no ills from their artificial coloring.

If someone feels like getting into fishkeeping, has a look at the almost limitless variety of colours, shapes and sizes freely available and then decides to ignore all that choice and buy one of these poor fish, then I can only hope something terrible happens to them in the afterlife. F*** them.

When I first got into fishkeeping I nearly picked up some dyed glassfish not knowing that they were dyed. Are you saying that if I had indeed bought them out of ignorance of their color's source I should suffer eternally?

I think you should calm down a little. :)
 
I think you should calm down a little. :)


Deliberate cruelty to any animal usually has the opposite effect on me. With the amount of information available to anyone who wants to do at least a couple of minutes of online research, there's no reason to encourage shops who sell these monstrosities. I won't wish eternal damnation on you, because you obviously found out about them and now know how abused they are. I'd save the flames and pointy sticks for those who buy them knowing how they got that way.
 
BUT COME ONE, ITS NOT LIKE ANYONE COULD MISTAKINGLY THINK THIS EXAMPLE ( AS PICTURE) WAS NATURAL.

maybe a slightly more orange parrot fish or something could be mistaken, but, you would have to be a right plonker to think that this one was,
i dont think i have ever seen one, ( a dyed fish),and dont know how i would react if i did, but i do know i would go off my rocker if i walked into my LFS and they had suddenly started sellen tatooed fish, its not on, im with vinylman, makes me very angry,tho on the other hand i keep ballon mollies so i maybe being a hyocrite. but untill i read what essjay said i had no idea they were " modified" and i assume thats why my LFS wont stock them :(... now i feel a plonker

shelaghxxxx
 
Makes me glad I've found my favourite lfs. The man in charge said he won't stock dyed fish, he thinks they're revolting, and as for what he said about the fad for cutting fishes tails off..... I wish they were all like him. He also won't stock balloon fish (rams, mollies etc) and isn't happy with long finned varieties, and isn't sure about gold rams compared to blue ones! However, this is the place I got my super delta betta from, so he does compromise a bit.


Is your lfs on teeside? If so can you let me know which one I'm Middlesbrough and looking for a good LFS
 

Most reactions

Back
Top