Disease Cleaning

Jazzzz

Fish Addict
Joined
Feb 3, 2008
Messages
833
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
turo, devon
Now that the tank is clean to look at would wipping with 37.5% vodka then rinsing remove all remaining germs and then be safe for fish or would the vodka leave to much residue and give me drunk fish?

Thanks :good:
 
Drunk fish, :lol: lucky them :)

I would use a bleach solution to clean the tank out, 1pt bleach to 10pts water or close too, then rinse it well until no trace of a smell of bleach is left, thats what I use to clean all my second hand tanks and stuff and no problems yet.
 
Drunk fish, :lol: lucky them :)

I would use a bleach solution to clean the tank out, 1pt bleach to 10pts water or close too, then rinse it well until no trace of a smell of bleach is left, thats what I use to clean all my second hand tanks and stuff and no problems yet.


I use the bleach method as well. No problems for me either.
 
If deeply concerned about potential disease organisms, there are some, such as mycobacteria, which can survive both bleaching and long-term drying, but which cannot, apparently, withstand a further wipe-down with rubbing alcohol - and then YOU can drink the vodka, which you'll need after all the hard labour, lol.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top