Discus Wrigglers At Last

Hi angelmouse,

So their 2nd batch didn't worked out well. But I did get about 20 wigglers that was sitting among the fungus. So I figure I just let the Nature take course and it disappeared over the night.
But since then, I got 3rd batch yesterday evening. And I did turned down the water movement while they are making eggs and fertlizing them since I was here. And I did put the bags of peat in the tank few days prior to the spawning.( I know the tanning does help discourage the fungus and I figure it won't hurt if I add gradually. After all they are from black water area originally if I am not mistaken.) I guess they make eggs every Thursday.(3 in a row). And I see I have about 12 white eggs this morning out of must be 400~500. I'm sure more will turn white as the time goes. But hopefully more than half stay clear color and not milky white. Frankly, I don't need all to hatch. I don't have space to house them. I don't even sure if I have enough space for half of them. And she is constantly fanning them. I don't even know if she sleeps. Since I find out that she freaked out when the light go out although I had weaker light for them. But I guess it was too weak for her to see the eggs. And I suspect their red eyes(albino) need stronger light to see small things well enough.
Anyway, I'll see how it goes. I should know how many hatch by Saturday or Sunday morning. I'll catch you later.

Angel,
Hope you don't mind me asking in theis thread, but what type and colour variant is the discus in the photo, third form the right in you sig? I love the colours on him/her, and would love to get hold of a similar specimin :good: All your discus look to have briliant condition btw

Thanks again
Rabbut

Angel,
Hope you don't mind me asking in theis thread, but what type and colour variant is the discus in the photo, third form the right in you sig? I love the colours on him/her, and would love to get hold of a similar specimin :good: All your discus look to have briliant condition btw

Thanks again
Rabbut

3rd from right the green/blue one is a brilliant turk(turquoise) got them all from devotedly discus in sussex. Did have afew problems when i overstocked the tank but other than that all been v healthy, frequent waterchanges with good quality water and varied diet has kept them well, i,ve had them for a year from 3"
I have 3 more discus arriving next week, a peach albino, royal red maze and yellow crystel can't wait to see them in my tanks, need to have abit of a reshuffle first.
The pair i have are still laying eggs every 6 days and eating them just before or after they hatch, no white eggs though.
regards Angel

Hi Angelmouse,

I figure I better let you know that I think I finally got some wigglers :hyper: (I did get few on their 2nd and 3rd batch but disappeared) from my Albino Angels. It is tough to count but probably somewhere 200~300. Anyway, this is their 4th try and they made eggs on Friday afternoon and hatched Today. And much less eggs fungused this time. And I was really glad to see them move their babies to another location instead of sitting near the fungus.
It is such a amazing to see them pick up their babies with their mouth and move them and spit them to new location. I hope I and the parents can keep some alive this time to get them to free-swimmers. And hopefully longer. And see if I get any pearlscales offspring out of the batch. The Mom have pearlscales and Dad does not show but he may have hidden since I got them at same time and I suspect they maybe siblings. So I would enjoy them for a while. Although I probably only have space to raise like 100. Of course, I need to find them their new home
If we reach to that point, I'll try to find the way to post the picture and start the different thread.
I'll catch you later.

Update, growing faster now i've uped the w.changes and eating anything and everything if they can fit it in their small mouths lol, this is the one i'm gona keep as she has no peppering, not sure wether the colour will be like mum or dad yet
jg35months.jpg

Neoncory good luck with angel eggs they sound nice colour, i,m just looking into Albino genetics, its v.interesting, just got a new baby albino discus that i want to breed from.
regards Angel

Hi Angelmouse,

Thanks. They are doing fine I think and think there are 150 of them although it is tough to tell. The parents moved them to side of the glass which even make it harder for me to count since I see the double image. And this is 5th day since the eggs came out of Mom. I can hardly wait few more days to see them "free-swim". But they are getting more and more of fishy shape.
Yes, Terry(Mom) is pretty fish to me since she is pearlscales and have nice stripes. But Chris is not so pretty, he is albino and he maybe sibling of Terry but I got them from the local store so I have no clue of his background. I just saw that they are the 2 albinos in the tank and seems like to hang around together. And it turned out they become a pair.
Anyway, I am hoping he too have silver and pearlscale gene even if it is 1 gene each. So I get some potion of fish like Mom. But of course, it will be a while until I can find out. Since I hear that the pearl may not show until they get quarter body size(2 cm or so). So maybe several months down the road.

It is nice to see your babies growing up so nicely. I can't believe you got the Albino Discus. It seems they are still pretty rare unlike Angels. I never seen it in person but I did saw the picture once at the Angel forum I go to. Some guy posted the picture. They sure look different and pretty. And I do have things for Albinos.
I got me Albino Sterbai Corydoras, Albino Bristlenose and Albino Angels. Also not quite Albino but I got Lutino Neon Tetras which sometime sold as Gold or White Neon. And they are not Albino since they do have black eyes.

Anyway, here is the Angelfish Forum link. I have to dig them out for the Albino Discus picture but it is somewhere. He showed his pretty Angels and Discus pictures.

http://www.angelfish.net/yabbse/index.php

I'll talk to you later.

this is my new Albino and a red maze, still quite young
jan08064.jpg

jan083022.jpg

and this is my yellow crystal, still needs to colour up alot, it should go completly yellow
jan081002.jpg

regards Angel

those are beautiful discus angelmouse! I love the colour on the red maze, stunning :hyper:

they are 4 months now and just starting to show signs of colouring up with the red and turquoise stripe on there pelvic and anal fins and white markings on body of one who will be pigeonblood like mum. There is one little runt who doesn't seem to be growing much but is cute all the same
feb085051.jpg

feb085049.jpg

regards Angel

hopefully they will do, i will be gutted if they don't for all the hard work going into daily waterchanges and regular feeding ,but i think its the angle when i photograph them as i have to get down low and hide so most pics are taken from below otherwise they scarper lol they do seem abit more rounded in flesh.
regards Angel

hopefully they will do, i will be gutted if they don't for all the hard work going into daily waterchanges and regular feeding ,but i think its the angle when i photograph them as i have to get down low and hide so most pics are taken from below otherwise they scarper lol they do seem abit more rounded in flesh.
regards Angel

I can imagine, photos never do justice. :lol:

A lot of fry I see on the internet start off quite triangular.

How many feedings are you doing per day?

Most reactions

Back