Discus Difficulty

Has discus been hard or easy one you?

  • Very hard

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hard

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Medium

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Easy

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Super easy

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0
if it a matter of opinion, then im saying very hard,i have read lots of threads about discus and they require everything to be spot on - def not a fish for me!!
 
if it a matter of opinion, then im saying very hard,i have read lots of threads about discus and they require everything to be spot on - def not a fish for me!!


I voted medium, and what I mean is easier than Choc Gouramis, but more difficult than guppies......
 
Never kept them personally, but usually have them at the LFS I have a job, with the tap water around here they should be no problem.
 
I picked medium, but really that's from the assumption of having experience with more forgiving fish, first. Jumping into discus as a first tank, I'd say hard, but reserve "very hard" for reefs or fish with special feeding requirements.

You need to do a bit extra for them over regular fish, and they need pristine water quality, but that's highly recommended for any fish anyway. They don't need any special feeding or particularly complex setup, though.
 
my vote was medium i keep discus and if you do plenty of research and dont rush in you understand better how to keep them we have had a few water problems but they are still going i have also bred them and raised 9 babys but it was all due to forums like this and researching hope this encourages other people to give them a go they are well worth it
 
either I am lucky, good, or lucky and good :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ..... I found them to be no harder than I expected, but it is possible that keeping other fish for nearly 30 years before i got my discus helped LOL. For me they are easier than guppies, but then again my tap water is very soft....

not saying I have never had problems or difficulties, but as Ludwig has pointed out, there are more difficult fish out there.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top