Disaster at Goliad Farms

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I watched a couple of episodes..but I never heard if he said how he was going to recover. Did he say he was going to grow out fish into breeders..or just order large adults from the Florida farms or elsewhere?
What really gets me is..he after years had developed and refined his fish stock to the best.

I watched a couple of episodes..but I never heard if he said how he was going to recover. Did he say he was going to grow out fish into breeders..or just order large adults from the Florida farms or elsewhere?
What really gets me is..he after years had developed and refined his fish stock to the best.
The whole ecosystem he had set up along those greenhouses too. That's alot of work to bring back to its former glory

It gives them a chance to rebuild the hatchery and make improvements so this doesn't happen again.

So sad, but like Colin_T said; its a chance to rebuild.

Did he say he was going to grow out fish into breeders..or just order large adults from the Florida farms or elsewhere?
Many/most of the adult breeders in 300g vats were lost, but there are some juveniles/young adults that will be selected to be breeders. In other cases, they will need to order breeder stock.
The whole ecosystem he had set up along those greenhouses too. That's alot of work to bring back to its former glory
Actually, with the exception of minor plant damage, the eco-system is intact. The amazing thing about their setup is that all filtration is with plants. The greenhouse setups are pretty cool and deserves a separate write-up perhaps in the article.
It gives them a chance to rebuild the hatchery and make improvements so this doesn't happen again.
They were just getting back to normal after hurricane Harvey tore them apart in August 2017.

I love this guy and the way he raises fish. It just goes to show that sometimes we all try to keep things too clean.

Most reactions

trending

Back