Reaction score
Hello all,

So I have a 75g community tank, current stocking is:
1 red spotted severum
1 EBA
1 Synodontis catfish
4 PB parrot convicts
3 bosemani rainbows

My prior stocking last week when I was doing a water change was 6 PB convicts and 4 rainbows in addition to the rest. I have not been home too much as I had a busy week in school and MCAT prep and wouldn’t come home till past midnight all week, so did not have much time to watch the tank, but 3 of my fish seem to have vanished from thin air. My only guess is that my syno managed to clean up as they were the 3 smallest fish in the tank? Water conditions are all normal, newest additions were 2 Rainbowfish (1 of which is now missing). Does anyone know what happened or why they would have died in the first place? The PB can get a bit fiesty with each other maybe the other two got stressed to death or bullied as they were twice as small as the others? and the rainbow as a new edition maybe was just weak from the store (gotten less than 2 weeks ago)?

I've had a few fish come up just missing. Can't find them. Only can conclude they are dead in a spot I cannot see or have been eatin' by the other tank inhabitants.

I've had a few fish come up just missing. Can't find them. Only can conclude they are dead in a spot I cannot see or have been eatin' by the other tank inhabitants.
Yeah that’s my conclusion as well, I syphon the gravel every weekend when I clean and move all the decor, since they were small I assume my big syno cleaned up :(

Oh, one thing to note that I did have happen when I first started fish keeping. I had a HOB filter that had a pretty large opening for the intake that really required a prefilter foam sponge. I didn't know this at first and had fish get sucked up into the HOB canister. They started making them so they have a grated opening so a pre-filter isn't really needed but I still use one.

They might have jumped out. Rainbowfish jump and new ones jump more than those that have been in the tank a while. Check the floor around the tank.

The fish might have died and been eaten by the others.

Oh, one thing to note that I did have happen when I first started fish keeping. I had a HOB filter that had a pretty large opening for the intake that really required a prefilter foam sponge. I didn't know this at first and had fish get sucked up into the HOB canister. They started making them so they have a grated opening so a pre-filter isn't really needed but I still use one.
Mine has the grates and they were quite large I do not think they could’ve gotten sucked up.

They might have jumped out. Rainbowfish jump and new ones jump more than those that have been in the tank a while. Check the floor around the tank.

The fish might have died and been eaten by the others.
My guess is they were eaten. My entire top is covered besides a small area around the HOB filter. My guess is the catfish cleaned them up before I could notice

Most reactions

trending

Back