Diffuser Question..

MarineMoney

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Dec 1, 2006
Messages
69
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Okay forgive me this is a stupid question for some, but im new to CO2 production and have just created a DIY home system, however I didnt pick up a diffuser like I meant to and only have an air stone sitting here..however am I able to use the diffuser from my CO2 optimat kit...or is that not going to work due to the pressure thats needed to get the co2 from the canister into the chamber? ..or something like that, forgive my lack of knowledge on diffusers...

Thanks
 
The problem with the CO2 optimat kit is tha the diffuser is open at the bottom.

-----this is the green thing with the membrane on the top isnt it?

The co2 would still diffuse, but soon the diffuser green thing would overflow with CO2 and the CO2 will bubble out at the bottom. This wont hurt but isnt ideal.

Id try to get a new diffuser.

P.S. I used to get endless problems of the membrane on the optimat kit getting clogged up with algea growing on it. I used to take the membrane off and scrub it under running water. Cleaned it up but slowly made it thinner until one day it ripped. Have been having nothing but success since I got a new diffuser.
 
Yeah unfortunately it is and ive soon learnt that this piece of equipment isnt much good, oh well...

Okay well I dont want to use an air stone as ive heard they are not that great so I'm going to put the end of the tube at the end of my intake pipe as I read the filters impeller will distribute the co2 farely effectively.

Im about to set up so thanks for the advice its much needed.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top