Did You Have This Problem Too?

The trick to having a lot of tanks is to have a good maintenance system down. Having most or all of the tanks near each other, ditching the substrate, and having easy to maintain filters helps, as does hoses & pumps for water changes. I love multitasking, been doing it with machines at work for many years. This translates over to tank maintenance well, draining, filling, and cleaning filters all at once while having the tv going, or the computer.
 
With true mts you can always find a good reason why you really need that new tank. You don't just want it... you need it. I started keeping 10g tanks when I was in grade school. About 10 years ago I decided I wanted more... so I got another one. That is the beginning of mts... :shifty: it is really sneaky. a few years I wanted more room... 29g. Then real plants and scaping.... more room.... 55g. Then hatching eggs and another kind of fish I just must have... 2 20g long tanks and another 10g. Now cichlids... a 60g.
I have so many tanks that I am having to build stands so I can stack them up the walls. I ran out of room any other way... lol
In the beginning I said I was just upgradeing to a larger tank, but then decided to keep the smaller going too... I can't stand an empty tank... Now I must confess... I just can't get enough tanks! I have tried to stop myself, but I can't. I am now trying to make myself give up a few, but I can't decide which tanks I could do without. I am going to have to though. The maintenance and such is getting to be too much. I still tote buckets for water changes... I do everything the hard way, and my tanks are all over the house! My 5 year old even has her own tank. She has had it for going on 2 years...
I have decided that once you realize that you are getting mts... it already owns you. You can fight it, but you can't win! :lol:
 
so not good.... i started out with 1 ten gallon aquarium, which turned into 3, which turned into 3 and a 20 long, which turned into 3-10's, a 20l, and a 40 breeder, which has now turned into all of those plus a 55gallon and 2.5 mini bow, and 7 gallon qtank.... im only keeping the 55, and 20l, 2.5, and 7 as ive decided to sell all the others this weekend to try to temporarily cure mts.
 
Sounds like you're doomed, to me :good:

DO NOT, and I can't stress this enough, DO NOT go to garage sales if you're developing MTS and don't want to. I went looking for a new desk today, and came home with what will probably be a guppy tank in a month or two.
 
lol thats not funny at all.... Its sooo sad, im not sure if your familiar with craigslist but i check it everyday looking for good deals on tanks, even if i dont have the money to but them just so i can say OOoOoOo I want it.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top