Did I Get Ripped Off?

kevinthecow

Fishaholic
Joined
Sep 10, 2008
Messages
657
Reaction score
1
Points
0
-- :S New question, why is Nitrite kits less expensive than nitrates?

Thanks to tropical, wilder, and dcarmor927 for the help :D
 
:S
It's canadian, btw. But the US and CAN is close. :S
I guess its around that, though. :)

Cause really, all I was looking for was a few drops. I dont think I got tetra, though.
I'll check :)

Also, I mean't like a nitrogen cycle with all the things that create ammonia, nitrites/nitrates.

:) Thanks though, i'll keep digging.
 
Thats still 15 USD lol...i tried looking in my Bio book i had from last semester, but it is pretty similar to what BTT linked you to already
 
anyways, thanks. I see all the good prices. :S

Why IS nitrate > nitrite when it comes to price?
 
you overpaid for sure...all the api tests i bought were around a dollar more or less at 5-8 bucks
 
anyways, thanks. I see all the good prices. :S

Why IS nitrate > nitrite when it comes to price?


NitrAte is chemically a more stable compound - so the chemicals used to react to it and make a colour need to be a bit stronger than for nitrIte. More chemical strength = higher price.
 
anyways, thanks. I see all the good prices. :S

Why IS nitrate > nitrite when it comes to price?

with API its not the strength necessarily, but the nitrite is only one solution bottle, nitrate has two solutions you mix together...

If its $10 Canadian, then yea thats about what i pay
 
Hi
I know its difficult to compare prices in different currencies, but $10 sounds about right. Thats around £5 so not too bad. However, considering i bought a new test kit yesterday (APi - Ammonia, nitrIte, nitrAte, Ph high & low range) for £19, buying singly doesn't sound like such a bargain.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top