Dempsey convict

PUDincONE

Reaction score
Is it possible that my convict has bred with my jack depsey...I had these fish in seprate tanks. the convict is a female that was seprated from her mated pair a while ago. This particular female was laying eggs non-stop for a good year and had many succesful fry . a few months ago i seperated them due to overpopulation and put her in with some of her old tankmates my jack depseys and tiger oscar. just recenly i have noticed that the largest Jack is attacking the other fish int e tank all except the female convict. the convict spends less time in her old cave which she rarely left. Now she can be seen right aroudnd the once mildy timid Jack...although i have not seen eggs i see many signs of mating...i was just wondering if anyone has expeirnced this and if it is even possibe...i have very little experince with hybrids so all help will be very much appreciated.

puD-

female convicts will breed with anything...nuff said :D

but seriously
with female cons, anythings possible
good luck raising them

DD

Thanks for the reply, Im sure if they succesfully breed I will enjoy watching this intersting group of fry grow up...I was just wondering if they would be closely related to any popular hybrids on the market today.

PUD-

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back