Deleted

How do tank leaks normally start?

  • Slight leak - drips

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Big leak - puddle

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Huge leak - litres a minute

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mahooosive leak - tank just gives up

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0
Ive only ever had one leak :lol: @ leak, it literally was fine one minute, the next water pouring out underneath, the bottom panel hat just given up completely. It was a second hand tank mind you, had only been set up for a few weeks when this happened, but 30g of water emptied in less than 3/4 minutes, it was lucky I was in when it went, I managed to grab all the fish into a bucket, the last few were left gasping on the bottom for a minute, it happened that quickly.
 
i was at my mates when his happened, i witnessed it =/

it looked like droplets, then we came back and it was everywhere =/ it was a new tank aswell =(

he lost a BN pleco :(
 
My tank started leaking 2 weeks after starting its cycle, just a small puddle, emptied it and found the silicone was in bad condition so scraped old out and resealed it. Touchwood a week later it still ok.
 
oh i had a class leak :lol: my sons were fighting and one smashed the others head off it.. i wouldnt have known till he came in the lounge while i was eating my chinease and asked for sellotape :lol: - yes he really did think he could sellotape it and i wouldnt notice :lol:
was my first tank ( after my goldie bowl) and i loved it, rescused all the fish and dropped the anger after about a month ( they replaced the tank) swines they are !! :lol:
 
lets just say...other then that one time that involved a fishkeeper on crutches, and large, excited Great Dane, a clothes hamper, and a few stitches...

usually it starts off as a little leak.

(as for the other time....try knocking over a bookshelf full of betta tanks, then grabbing pots, waterglasses, dog water bowl, pretty much anything that would hold water and chasing fish all over the floor while trying not to kill yourself by using crutches on a wet floor. lol)
 
I always test any tank that is small enough to fit in my bathtub for leaks before setting them up. The second tank I bought leaked (pretty steady stream) so I took it back to the shop and they exchanged it, it's replacement worked for over 10 years and then I sold it to someone.

As for accidental breaking, I once picked up a boxed 10gal kit as a quarantine tank, took it home and was carrying it in when I tripped (a common occurrence for me :blush: ) and dropped the darn thing. I sheepishly took it back to the store and asked to buy a new one and would they pitch the old one for me, and surprisingly enough they replaced it for me for free for being such a good customer. What's most surprising about it was that it was Petsmart!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top