Delete/backspace glitch...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Flushable Pets

Fishaholic
2x Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
I browse on mobile and here recently it's been glitching when I hit the delete/backspace or the enter button to start a new paragraph. Normally, when I click to type it brings up my keyboard and I can type away, but if I have to hit the delete/backspace key or enter button, my keyboard disappears and I have to click the message box again. Extremely annoying. This is new and it's only doing it on this site. Not sure if it matters, but my device is a Samsung Galaxy A50 (Android). Anyone else having this issue? Thanks.

Screenshot_20200903-210241_Chrome.jpg

Then poof, gone when I hit delete or enter.
Screenshot_20200903-210258_Chrome.jpg

ive had this as well

On my chromebook, everything works fine,. On my iphone , often when I go to type a message, the keyboard disappears. I have to turn the iphone off and then back on to get the keyboard to show up. I attributed it to my being a beta tester for ios 14 which won't be released to the general public till end of september I believe . I thought it was a glitch in the ios 14 new software. Never had the issue when on ios 13.

@Chad @dascrow...any input on this

I'm going to say it's on your end. It's hard to say with you being a beta tester.

@Chad ... two other members (see above posts) have had similar issues and are not beta testers

I'm in an android now and I use chrome on my PC. I've not experienced this. It's hard to troubleshoot of I can't recreate the issue. It's a tough one.

So far 3 members are having this issue when using Android phones. Anyone else having this issue?

Also having this issue on android using chrome.

Does anyone use any apps for forums rather than the internet browser?

Also having this issue on android using chrome.

Does anyone use any apps for forums rather than the internet browser?

Just Chrome on my phone here. It's a recent issue. When I first started a few weeks ago, it worked just fine.

Just to add, I'm also affected by the keyboard dissapearing but only when I hit enter for a new paragraph. Backspace/delete is fine.
Android, Chrome browser vers 85.0.4183.81

It has to be on module devices only... it does the same thing on my iPad Mini 4, and has done that pretty much since I joined; you get used to it after a while...

(On my PC, everything works fine)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back