Deck build

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Catfishcatfish

Reaction score
I thought people might be interested and may both draw some inspiration and make suggestions about my new build. I have 3, 4 ft tanks which I plan to set up and bridge together. All keeping shubunkins. I also have a couple of 2.5 ft tanks which will likely be included on each end. The tanks will form an L shape and sit behind a lounge chair, providing hours of watching enjoyment while relaxing. I want to create a different aquascape in each with a different mood and lighting. Only one of my old canister filters works, so I am going to be building filters for each tank. I haven’t decided what type of filters to build yet, but so far I am using garden pots and such inside the tank.

I have had this urn for years and thought it would make a great filter and great addition to the scape. I would like the urn to look as though it has fallen into a body of water and landed there. The media will go into the urn with a pump attached and water spills out of the top. I am building this stone platform (with room for a pump I pilfered from an old protein skimmer) to sit the urn on. We can only but wait and see if it all comes together the way I can see it in my mind.

Attachments

• IMG_7644.jpeg
    IMG_7644.jpeg
    267 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_7646.jpeg
    IMG_7646.jpeg
    420.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_7647.jpeg
    IMG_7647.jpeg
    439.7 KB · Views: 22
I also found this choice piece of wood (as well as so many others), on my property. It’s been soaking in water for a few days with some vinegar and had one good scrub with a wire brush. Now I just have to figure out how to find something big enough to boil it in under a big fire. I thought about cutting a metal drum in half, but I don’t think I will have one big enough. One of my metal fire pits might be big enough. A Bit strange - lighting a fire under a fire pit full of water.

Attachments

• IMG_7656.jpeg
    IMG_7656.jpeg
    286.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_7655.jpeg
    IMG_7655.jpeg
    296.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_7654.jpeg
    IMG_7654.jpeg
    292.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_7653.jpeg
    IMG_7653.jpeg
    449.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_7651.jpeg
    IMG_7651.jpeg
    311.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_7649.jpeg
    IMG_7649.jpeg
    404 KB · Views: 17
That sounds like an interesting and ambitious tank build. You will have to enter that tank in our Tank of the Month contest once it's built.

This is a prototype of a filter if you will. the pump is at the bottom and the bowl is packed with floss, sponges, balls, noddles and blocks. I will let it sit there while I work out how I want it to sit and fit in with the scape before I build a platform for it to sit on properly. So it looks as though it was always meant to be there. I want to fit it so it is easy to pull apart and clean too.

Attachments

• IMG_7712.jpeg
    IMG_7712.jpeg
    383.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_7713.jpeg
    IMG_7713.jpeg
    387.8 KB · Views: 22

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back