Dechlorinating Water

Dalaran

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Jul 12, 2009
Messages
66
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi all,

What do you use to dechlorinate your water before adding it? The pucks I have been using start to get expensive when your doing weekly and sometimes more often smaller water changes. I was thinking of leaving the water out for ~24 hours to burn off any Cl but I don't have any extra buckets... although I'm sure purchasing a couple would be a cheaper long term solution.

What do you guys use? Any household items or cheap stuff available to get these heavy metals out?

THANKS!
 
get a bottle of pond dechlorinator. They're about 10x as strong as the normal aquarium stuff
 
Cheap API dechlorinator. It says it gets out cloranimines too. I think it was like $#. I am not sure though.
 
Not very cheap in the short term but I've just got an Evolution Aqua De-Tox unit. It removes chlorine and chloamine along with a whole load of other nasties, by shopping around I got one for £60 which I know sounds alot but I've done the maths and it should last me around 15 years :hyper: (changing 150 - 200l per week!!)
 
Not very cheap in the short term but I've just got an Evolution Aqua De-Tox unit. It removes chlorine and chloamine along with a whole load of other nasties, by shopping around I got one for £60 which I know sounds alot but I've done the maths and it should last me around 15 years :hyper: (changing 150 - 200l per week!!)

Sounds nice, but I will stick to my small $3 bottle of Dechlorination.
 
Thanks for the replies everyone!

Looks like I will need to search a little harder for some cheaper stuff heh. I have been buying the pucks at the LFS for about $8 and it lasts like a week.

Cheers.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top