Davinci Code: The Movie

boozybears

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I saw it last night but was really disappointed. I really wanted to like it more than I did but it was long and actually a bit boring. :( The friends I went with hadn't read the book and found it hard to follow. I'm loaning them the book on monday... the book is WAY better :)

Going to see it tomorrow night. Tickets for tonight is all booked out. I know the reviews haven't been great. The book I thought was very gripping, though reading some of his other books, they were all very much the same - and I loast my "awe" I had for the first book. Nonetheless, I'm keen to see the movie and will reserve judgement :)

yeah it's supposed to be a bit rubbish, got panned by the critics :/ shame I was looking forward to it :sad:

definately a 1 trick pony isn't he, all the other books are exactly the same

the book is better then the movie, if you want to see all the good bits of the movie just watch the trailer

Well I went to see it last night and was suitably bored - caught myself yawning a number of times.
The book is better than the movie - put it that way.

Ps: his books are so "the same" - I got it muddled with "Angels and Deamons" and kept thinking - the movie needs to get a move on if they're still going to break into the Vatican ! :blush: :lol:

i went to see it with our lass last night and it follows the book very closely, but as i`ve read the book it was very boring.

Oh... am i the only one who liked it? i know it wasn't as good as the book.. but it wasnt that bad...

It wasn't the worst movie that I've ever seen, but Tom's acting (especially the closing scene) made me laugh, I found it too wordy when they were sitting around talking at Teabing's place and i'm not sure I liked the new ending. Other than that it was ok :)

It wasn't the worst movie that I've ever seen, but Tom's acting (especially the closing scene) made me laugh, I found it too wordy when they were sitting around talking at Teabing's place and i'm not sure I liked the new ending. Other than that it was ok :)

Well that's $9.50 saved for not going to the movie, and $7.99 saved for not buying the book. Great! That's $17.49 I can use for aquarium supplies! My friends loved the book, and I tried to start it (a loan from a friend), but in high school I did several projects on Leonardo DaVinci and early Christian history was part of my studies in Medieval Music, so I was kind of laughing at some of Dan Brown's theories. They're a little out there. But a gazillion people can't be wrong, right?

Well that's $9.50 saved for not going to the movie, and $7.99 saved for not buying the book. Great! That's $17.49 I can use for aquarium supplies! My friends loved the book, and I tried to start it (a loan from a friend), but in high school I did several projects on Leonardo DaVinci and early Christian history was part of my studies in Medieval Music, so I was kind of laughing at some of Dan Brown's theories. They're a little out there. But a gazillion people can't be wrong, right?

It may not have been the book for you then if you know more about some of the subject matter.. I on the other hand am not a religous person, nor have much knowledge of leonardo or the holy grail, and so i read the book as a book of total fiction and thoroughly enjoyed it. I think if you do know about some of the subject matter it must be harder to read it in this way, as its bound to clash with pre-conceived ideas.

True - I know little about any of the subject matter and really took it with a pinch of salt. I keep an open mind about all religious history etc. anyway.
I'm not saying it was awful. Otherwise I wouldn't have finished the book or bothered to see the movie even - and in London spent £8 ($15) just on the movie ticket. But I suppose I had higher expectations of the movie (not higher than the book though, as that rarely ever happens), with all the big name actors.

So it was "just fine" - but no more :)

i enjoyed the film, not the best ever and probably much better if you've not read the book before. But none the less it was a nice enough way to pass a sunday eve when your bored!

I did really enjoy the book.. and have just purchased Angels and Demons although haven't started it yet. For me, I think i just expected too much from the movie and Tom Hanks. Shame though, for as I said, I really wanted to like it more than i did.

I think this book, as with any work of fiction pertaining to be based on facts (whether the facts be real or not), will not sit well with those of any knowledge as the latter will just say "hang on, this is completely rubbish" and have trouble believeing the rest of the story; this spoils, no doubt, a large part of any such book.

That is where the use of fact/science/other texts becomes a true art in book writing. To be able to keep true enough to the actual source to prevent people saying "this could just never happen, but while deviating enough to be interesting and a good read.

Most reactions

Back