Davinci Code: The Movie

Ps: his books are so "the same" - I got it muddled with "Angels and Deamons" and kept thinking - the movie needs to get a move on if they're still going to break into the Vatican ! :blush: :lol:
:lol:
I heard they ARE going to make a Angels and Demons movie though, which IMO they shouldve made first :nod:

I think this book, as with any work of fiction pertaining to be based on facts (whether the facts be real or not), will not sit well with those of any knowledge as the latter will just say "hang on, this is completely rubbish" and have trouble believeing the rest of the story; this spoils, no doubt, a large part of any such book.

That is where the use of fact/science/other texts becomes a true art in book writing. To be able to keep true enough to the actual source to prevent people saying "this could just never happen, but while deviating enough to be interesting and a good read.

I can think of another very popular book that is full of fiction as well, but is taken as Gospel :look: by way too many people :S

As for the film, I quiet enjoyed it, couldnt sit throught it again but was watchable :D

never read the book but thought the film was ok! have seen much worse! Still cant see what all the fuss is about with people wanting it banned etc

I gotta say that Angels and Demons is a WWAAYY better book! Da Vinci Code was good, as far as the theories put forth, they have been around for YEARS (the book Holy Blood Holy Grail for instance). I, for one, would like to believe in the whole Merovingian bloodline being alive and well but, who knows!

Anyways. The movie was ok, I was a lil disappointed. The book was WWAAYY better.

I just hope they do Angels and Demons justice when they make it.

I also agree that Tom Hanks' acting was deplorable. He was horrible in this movie (and I like Tom Hanks).

I also hated the fact that they changed the main French Cop (can't remember his name right now) from being a devout Catholic in the book to making him Opus Dei in the movie....that bugged me!

Didn't read the book, but I did like the movie. With the hype and my dislike of Tom Hanks, I guess I went in with low expectations. It was slightly slow, but came together pretty good.

Most reactions

Back