Dark spots on my betta?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Finn1231

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have a 3 year old female betta, and all of a sudden she has these odd dark spots on her. Ammonia seems to be between 0-.25 ppm(water is closer to the 0, but a little green on the test) and the only thing really out of the ordinary is that the ph is about 7 instead of 6.5. I tried to find pictures in google of something similar but no results. Im going to do a water change but the only real difference to her tank in months is that some of the assassin snail eggs are empty and have probably hatched, only about 5 though. It shouldnā€™t be enough to cause this sort of damage to the water quality, and they are too tiny to hurt her. Does anyone know what could be going on? I will attach an old photo of her first followed by a picture of her with the spots. I know there is an odd white thing near her fin in the second pictures but im pretty sure it was just a piece of duckweed root because i was able to brush it off her.

Attachments

• 48E7FC6C-8987-4859-A2F8-A9E2A298A872.jpeg
    48E7FC6C-8987-4859-A2F8-A9E2A298A872.jpeg
    218.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 00FDBFDA-06C7-48BB-A638-DBE26FCE650D.jpeg
    00FDBFDA-06C7-48BB-A638-DBE26FCE650D.jpeg
    173.2 KB · Views: 25
  • 1CC02D58-0F86-444E-8ADF-8DB9F9965B59.jpeg
    1CC02D58-0F86-444E-8ADF-8DB9F9965B59.jpeg
    180 KB · Views: 24
I have a 3 year old female betta, and all of a sudden she has these odd dark spots on her. Ammonia seems to be between 0-.25 ppm(water is closer to the 0, but a little green on the test) and the only thing really out of the ordinary is that the ph is about 7 instead of 6.5. I tried to find pictures in google of something similar but no results. Im going to do a water change but the only real difference to her tank in months is that some of the assassin snail eggs are empty and have probably hatched, only about 5 though. It shouldnā€™t be enough to cause this sort of damage to the water quality, and they are too tiny to hurt her. Does anyone know what could be going on? I will attach an old photo of her first followed by a picture of her with the spots. I know there is an odd white thing near her fin in the second pictures but im pretty sure it was just a piece of duckweed root because i was able to brush it off her.
Must have something to do with the atmosphere on Mars.
Seriously, I donā€™t know whatā€™s going on & hope someone here can help. I think we have at least 2 active members who breed bettas.

Update: the spots have cleared up mostly after the water change. Hopefully it stays that way and there are no more scares.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back