Danio Pic,at Last.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

STEVIE

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
These guys are fast but i finally got a lucky,unblurred pic of one of my gang.Probably stopped for a rest after spawning in the plants. :)
30741danio.JPG.jpg

Great picture! Love the moustache :D Must be a moustached danio, Danio danglia? The subtle coloring is very nice.

Great pic, i had all but given up on getting a decent photo of my feegradei but you've renewed my vigour with that pic.

I'll try to get a pic of a female. :)
They were sold to me as Yomo Danios and i've only seen them for sale once.
Don't think they are D.feegradi though they do look like them.It says on the link feegradi grow to 3 cm but my males are about 8cm and the females bigger and plumper at about 10cm.Also mine spawn easily and regularly in clumps of plants.I'm no expert at all but these seem easy peasy to breed.

I'll try to get a pic of a female. :)
They were sold to me as Yomo Danios and i've only seen them for sale once.
Don't think they are D.feegradi though they do look like them.It says on the link feegradi grow to 3 cm but my males are about 8cm and the females bigger and plumper at about 10cm.Also mine spawn easily and regularly in clumps of plants.I'm no expert at all but these seem easy peasy to breed.

Excellent photo, Yes it is definitely Danio feegradei, which can be a little variable but in all cases they are quite a large Danio at least 8cm long (the length given in fishbase is wrong), see photo of a pair of mine Here

They are not regarded as an easy Danio to breed, they can be picky about whether they want to spawn, although once they do so they will spawn repeatedly, however the main problem is obtaining fertile eggs, it took me 6 months to persuade mine to spawn, I then got several batches of 100% infertile eggs (very dispiriting when you get 200+ eggs and they are infertile) before I finally succeeded and the offspring are now in my main tank.

Next on my list is Danio sp TW01, which are closely related. I've only got 1 pair of those so fingers crossed.

Thanks,D.feegradi they are then. :D :D
The nearest Maidenhead Aquatics went through a mad danio spell and had lots of different types i've never seen before in stock.Pretty sure i've seen the ones on your list too.I also bought some D.choprai at the time which are alot smaller but in the same tank and also spawn regularly.I've never tried saving eggs because they were so cheap to buy.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back