Daft Question Regarding Apple Snails & Filter

LiveYourLife

Fishaholic
Joined
Jun 7, 2009
Messages
452
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Aberdeen
Right, I have a few adult apple snails that are proven breeders. They are still to lay eggs in my tank (I purchased them from a member on this forum who was forever getting eggs from them). Im thinking my tank is too big and they never bump into each other? Was wondering if I could place them in a smaller tank with a heater and air stone for the moment as my spare filter is in use. Would they be ok? Any tips for getting them to lay? +)
 
Since thursday :lol::lol: I know Im impatient but Im soo looking forward to watching baby ones developing!
 
Right, I have a few adult apple snails that are proven breeders. They are still to lay eggs in my tank (I purchased them from a member on this forum who was forever getting eggs from them). Im thinking my tank is too big and they never bump into each other? Was wondering if I could place them in a smaller tank with a heater and air stone for the moment as my spare filter is in use. Would they be ok? Any tips for getting them to lay? +)


sorry but that made me laugh :lol:
 
I amuse myself too shelaghfishface! I was watching them and they never seem to be next to each other, forever at seperate ends..wasnt sure which other way to word it!
 
They are fine leave them be when they want to mate they will via hormonal/chemical indicators and will find each other.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top