Cyclists?

I'm into mountain biking although I don't do anything too serious. This July, I plan on riding the Michigander bike tour for the first time.
What is that? I am interested? Where abouts do you ride?

I usually ride at Maybury State Park or if I'm looking to put in some miles I'll ride Hines Drive between Northville and Dearborn.

16th annual Michigan Trails and Greenways Alliance Michigander Mountain Bike Tour
http://www.michigantrails.org/michigander.asp

I just started cycling, not been on a bike in 10 years before that.

Started doing it for fitness cos I can't afford the gym, started cycling to work and back. It's ace on the way in in the morning as it's all downhill and the roads are really quiet so it's great. but then riding 1.5 miles all up hill on the way home wasn't much fun the first time..... first time i did it i had to stop 6 times and i thought i was gonna be sick when i got home. thankfully now about 3/4 weeks on as long as i'm not cycling into the wind i can get home in 1 go and i hardly even get out of breath. It's ace I'm really loving it.

Already planning out my next route for when I can do the ride home easily, then i'm gonna attempt to find some sort of forest type area to go :good:

Yep, I love it. Especially the competitive side of things. Mostly road races and time trials. Not semi-pro like richie but I do race a lot, maybe twice a week. Ride to work 2/3 times a week for some more training and to save the planet just a little bit.

I used to enjoy cycling. But since I don't drive, and I work nights, and there's no buses after 6pm, i have to cycle 7 miles down little country tracks, through fields, and along the beach at 9pm 3 nights a week. Actually, its not so bad, cos allthe country bits are all downhill. Its getting home in the mornings thats the absolute killer.
Just praying I'll pass me driving test!! :rolleyes:

I used to enjoy cycling. But since I don't drive, and I work nights, and there's no buses after 6pm, i have to cycle 7 miles down little country tracks, through fields, and along the beach at 9pm 3 nights a week. Actually, its not so bad, cos allthe country bits are all downhill. Its getting home in the mornings thats the absolute killer.
Just praying I'll pass me driving test!! :rolleyes:

Don't pass it Teri - that sounds like a commute from heaven! What fun!

I got my new bike this weekend, well chuffed, thought you lot would be interested!

it's a folding bike cos were massivley short on space (mostly due to too many fishtanks) dahon espresso must say i'm well chuffed with it. thought it would be really bad cos the emphasis is put on space saving not riding but i've been very pleasantly surprised. got them to upgrade to rapid fire shifters instead of grip shifts and they're so much better :D only thing i need to get used to is the weight, it's much lighter than my old bike so I felt a bit wobbly going downhill this morning. Hoping it'll make it easier getting uphill on the way home tonight

Don't pass it Teri - that sounds like a commute from heaven! What fun!
[/quote]

In the dark...when it's windy...and stormy...not fun!!!!

My dad did semi-pro cycling and was Reeeeeeaaaaalllly into it. lol

Now i ride my cyclo-cross bike all over. Lol My legs look like tree trunks from it.

The best thing about living in suburbia is getting hit by a car every month or two :lol: haha....
I love that split second right after you get hit by or hit a wall/tree/bush/rock/curb/rail/car/bus/truck/person/other bike when you think to yourself "Holy crap this is not going to be fun"and then Bam! you take a face full of dirt/mud/sand/brick/Concrete.

i'm a road racer. Used to mountain bike but not anymore (i sort of grew out of it). Just taken delivery of a nice set of wheels - tune hubs with DT rims/revolution spokes, very light. Can't wait to test them at sundays race.

when you think to yourself "Holy crap this is not going to be fun"and then Bam! you take a face full of dirt/mud/sand/brick/Concrete.

it may be strange - but i like that bit when it all kinda goes slow-mo. granted the thaught of hitting the previously mentioned hard objects isnt fun, so just dont think about them! makes the whole experience a whole lot more enjoyable! :good:

I have a bike and lots of accesories for sale if anyone is interested its a 2006 giant trance 2.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back