I recently got a 10 gallon tank to set up as a quarantine/treatment tank. My regular tank is a 20 gallon with over-the-back filter and undergravel pump.
I am using the over-the-back filter from the 20 gallon in the new 10gallon quarantine tank so it cycles faster or maybe it won't have to cycle at all since the filter probably has a lot of beneficial bacteria
I dont think it should cause the 20 gallon to go through a cycle because there is probably plenty of bacteria in the rocks because it has an undergravel pump also.
Does anybody think this will work? If so, how long until I will be able to transfer my sick fish to the quarantine tank without having to worry about them going through a cycle?
I am using the over-the-back filter from the 20 gallon in the new 10gallon quarantine tank so it cycles faster or maybe it won't have to cycle at all since the filter probably has a lot of beneficial bacteria
I dont think it should cause the 20 gallon to go through a cycle because there is probably plenty of bacteria in the rocks because it has an undergravel pump also.
Does anybody think this will work? If so, how long until I will be able to transfer my sick fish to the quarantine tank without having to worry about them going through a cycle?







