Cycling 2nd Tank Soon, What To Do?

Inchyally

Fish Crazy
Joined
Jan 19, 2009
Messages
262
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
US
So we got a 55 gallon tank. I am going to fill it up with water tonight and start cycling it tomorrow. I read up on fishless cycling and want to do that, but my dad wont let me. He says unless I do a fish-in cycle with 3-5 Zebra Danios, I am not aloud to use the tank. (I seriously don't know why he is fighting me on this!) I want to have this tank, and I am BEGGING him to let me do a fishless cycle, but he wont let me. He says ammonia will pollute the water and we will have to empty pout the whole tank. I know this isn't true if you have the right ammonia. The 20gal in my signature I did a fish in cycle because I knew nothing about fish at all and it took 9 weeks, plus a bunch of fish died except 3. My family is going on vacation for a week starting next Friday and a fish-in cycle would cause SO much ammonia to build up (with no water changes) in that week that some, if not ALL the fish will die. My dad says "they will die anyway". :( I then suggested trying to cycle it with a piece of fish/dead fish or extra fish food and he still said no. What should I do? It looks like - fish-in cycle or an empty tank. But I don't want to do fish-in cycle again...
 
do a cycle when you come bck from vacations and you can still do the fish in cycle !just do daily water changes to keep the amonia low. i know its better to do a fishless cycle but there is no other way...and btw a 55 gal would be sweet.!!
shahrez
 

Most reactions

Back
Top