Is it possible my fishless cycle has stalled even before it's really started properly?
My log is here: Fishless Cycle Log
But in summary;
300L fishless cycle @ 30 deg. C
On day 1:
I added enough ammonia to bring it up to somewhere around 6ppm (I went slightly over the 5ppm I was aiming for!)
By Day 3 the ammonia looked more like 4ppm
Day 12:
Now on Day 16 and the results are still the same. Now I know these cycles are a bit of a waiting game, but surely over the course of 2 weeks SOMETHING should be happening? Even if it is just the ammonia level begin slowly consumed and dropping?
I just seem completely stuck.
I've even looked back at my log from when I did my 60L tank, and on that I was at 5ppm when I started on the 10th April, and by the 14th it had dropped to near zero and I was topping it up again, so I REALLY don't know what is going on with this tank?
My log is here: Fishless Cycle Log
But in summary;
300L fishless cycle @ 30 deg. C
On day 1:
- Ph: 7.4
- Hi-Ph: 7.4
- Ammonia: 0ppm
- NitrIte: 0ppm
- NitrAte: 20ppm
I added enough ammonia to bring it up to somewhere around 6ppm (I went slightly over the 5ppm I was aiming for!)
By Day 3 the ammonia looked more like 4ppm
Day 12:
- Ph: 7.6 (max)
- Hi-Ph: 8.0
- Ammonia: 4ppm
- NitrIte: 1ppm
- NitrAte: 40ppm
Now on Day 16 and the results are still the same. Now I know these cycles are a bit of a waiting game, but surely over the course of 2 weeks SOMETHING should be happening? Even if it is just the ammonia level begin slowly consumed and dropping?
I just seem completely stuck.
I've even looked back at my log from when I did my 60L tank, and on that I was at 5ppm when I started on the 10th April, and by the 14th it had dropped to near zero and I was topping it up again, so I REALLY don't know what is going on with this tank?









