Cycle Diary... Finished @ Day 127!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

great news, I have been following this thread for ages and I really feel for you. I have been fish-in cycling 2 tanks and one has taken about 65-70 days to get to zero's after daily waterchanges, hard work. I am about to start my first fishless cycle and hpe it goes a bit faster than yours has. I admire your perseverance mate, I really do.. Massive round of applause for you, seems you may finally be there :yahoo:

Cheers guys, thanks for all of your support! I know it took me ages but i'm so glad I did it, I now have a lot better understanding of how it all works. I feel ready for my fish now!

I just hope my fish realise how lucky they are! :)

I'm glad your fish in cycle went alright though mate! 70 days of water changes sounds like a complete nightmare! Good stuff!

Hey there martinking, chking in in the midst of travels and was surprised to see your news! Congrats! Would be great if more beginners had your kind of patience! WD

Thanks Wd! I'm glad it's coming to an end but to be honest i'm one of the most stubborn people in the world! :) ask my missus! So I never would have let it get the better of me! Thanks for all of your help over the past 4 months! Yes 4 months! :)

Guys, I just wanted to say thank you to everybody that helped me along this journey! I actually feel really proud that my fish are now in and they seem to be really happy! Hopefully that has something to do with my patience, determination and hard work!!!!

I ended up going for:

2 X Royal Whiptail Pleco's
10 X Cardinal Tetra's
6 x Black Phantom Tetra's
6 X Red Phantom Tetra's

Following Shortly:
2 X German Blue Rams

Ill post some pictures up when I finally grab the camera! Too busy watching them at the moment!

:)

Congratulations!!!

Bet you're enjoying those fish.

hi martin glad its all dusted now looking forward to the pics where did you go for your fish in the end ?
scot :)

I went to Andy's Aquatics in New Ferry, they have a very good reputation with the people here at the zoo. At first they wanted to know exactly what I had been doing with my tank and the fishless cycle before they even let me choose the fish I wanted! It did fill me with confidence that they cared about the fishies welfare.

Got a good deal, and I would recommend them!

Cheers Scot for all your mature media and plants! most appreciated!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back