crayfish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

SneakBetta

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Last year I got a crayfish from school. It is red. I haven't seen a red crayfish anywhere else. I know that it was shipped from Louisiana. All the other crayfish I've seen at stores are brown, blue, etc. I haven't seen any red. Is red a rare color for a crayfish or something? :look:

"Last year I got a crayfish from school. It is red."

Was it cooked? You know the seasonings are very red and very thick on those. :D

But seriously, red crayfish (crawfish, mudbugs, whatever) come in many colors. The blue and brown (common) are available to most LFS's. During the rainy season, a young boy with a piece of bacon on a string or a quick net or quick hands can catch a large amount of crayfish around here. I know, I almost lost my eye trying to rig up an extention to my net so I wouldn't have to ruin my clothes. They would range in color from brown to red. Here, the red ones were the older, larger, more dominant males and usually had a female or two nearby. The more brown were females and sub-dominant males. Don't know if I helped much, but ahhh the memories! :nod:

i've had claire (the crayfish) for a couple years and it lives in it's own 10 gallon tank in the bsement. it is very happy there

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back