crabs

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

rajuncajun213cq

Reaction score
Ok, so i bought a little freshwater crab. i know you cant keep them with fish, so i put him in a little tank all by himself. my question is, what do they eat? i know they nip at other fishs fins, so does that mean they're carnivores? then this other place said that they'd eat anything, but i dont want to put stuff in the tank that will foul it up if the crab doesnt eat it. any ideas?

anything is the word really.

i feed what ever i'm feeding the rest, mainly froozen bloodworm. Carb Cuisine or simliar is also good for tyhem sometimes as it contains calcuim to help there shells.

hi, i have just bought three red thai crabs here in ireland. the shop ass. was not sure what to feed...so............two died, probably of starvation. at first i was feeding normal tropical food, but they were not too keen, then some algae wafers, no takers there. so next i tried bottom feeder pellets - which are high in protien as i believe they are meat eaters( they look like chopped all-bran) but my crab will generally only eat/come out after dark, he is healthy and active, so it must be doing the trick... dont know if it will work for you??

i also bought some freshwater crabs recently. The way i feed mine is to stick a slice of tubifex worms cut of of the cube, on a piece of wire.

i then normally wiggle the wire and portion of worms in the tank and hey presto! there are the crabs. they normally just pull the food off the wire!

using the wire i can get the food straight to crabs, which prevents any waste, and as i can give them all their food indiviually, it means they dont fight over it!

tom :)

I keep my red clwed crabs with other fish and they get the left overs. Mine run straight to the algea wafers that i drop in for them. I also drop in some beef heart which they seem to like alot.

well i had some ghost shrimp and it killed them and ate them. and i tried some bottom feeder food and some little algae pellets and it ate all of them, so im guessing it just eats everything. thanks for the replys!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back