Couple Of Questions

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

LionessN3cubs

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
okay....5 fish in a 10 gallon. I know the general rule is to only feed as much as they can consume in 2-3 minutes. The flakes I have (tetramin) have HUGE flakes so I crushed them up before putting a small pinch in. They float to the bottom almost immediately. So heres my thing...its not the fish WONT consume the flakes in under 2 minutes, its that the flakes are reaching the bottom before the fish can snag them. I dont see flakes laying on the bottom tho so I assume they'll eat them even after they're on the bottom? I fed them this morning around 10 and now its 3 pm almost and they're acting like they're hungry again...so how often should I feed?

also, as far as breeding. When I took the bully male back to the store yesterday, they didnt let me pick the fish they were willing to exchange out. I ended up with a pretty small female. She looks pretty young. How old do they have to be before they can get pregnant? Im actually asking because the reason I took the bully male back was because he was harrassing the female ...thought 2 females would fix the problem but the male I had left seems to completely ignore the younger female and the other, bigger female is STILL being harrassed. She's not hiding anymore but she just seems..annoyed that he's dogging her every move. What to do? Also does anyone have any pictures of a pregnant platy? I know there will be a black spot by her anal fin but I'd like to see a picture if anyone has one. Thanks

Fish will always be hungry. Some fish can be grossly overfed and they'll still go at it like its their first meal out of the desert. Most fish will forage on the bottom of the tank. You can feed a bit more than once a day - personally, I feed once a day, and add a second feeding 2-3 times a week consisting of live bloodworm.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back