Couple Of Q's.

Declan

Fishaholic
Joined
Oct 27, 2008
Messages
482
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Milton Keynes
Hi all,

I got some new fish today for my Jewel Rekord 70, and was wondering..

What should I feed my BN Plec?

Also how big will it get, I have been told that I can house it in my tank, but I was just wondering.

Roughly how long will it be before my Blue German Ram gets its colours back, and I dont mean its just gone white, just lost a bit of yellow compared to when it was at my LFS.

Thanks, D.
 
BN will reach 5" and is fine for that size tank, waste machines though so watch your water quality.

The ram will colour up again once he settles in, they get stressed easily, you will probably need to up your water change regime with him in the tank, I used to do 2x weekly w/c with rams to keep the nitrAtes as low as possible, plus with the plec they will rise quicker.
 
bn get about 5-6 inches, so will be fine in ur tank, the ram will re-gain its colour after a few hours, keep the light off its probably really traumatised
 
Hey
The Bn will most likely get to about 4 inches in that particular tank,
they will require a mixture of algae wafers/catfish pellets, frozen prepared foods (sparingly) courgette, bogwood, etc.

It may take the Rams anywhere upto 1-2 weeks to get back to its full strength colours, provided the water quality is kept excellent
 
Thanks all!

I have also noticed that since yesterday when I did i large 70% WC due to wanting to do a thorough gravel vac, clean the filters, and clean most of the algae, that I now have lots of little white particles floating around.

They are not bubbles of air, because one they are too small, and two, they dont rise straight to the top..

I do have some filter floss in as well.

Any ideas as to what it is? Or how I can be rid of it?

D.

[Oh, its not bits of Ich or anything, all of my fish are completely clean of things like such.]
 
dunno dust maybe

maybe you could use a very fine fry net or something
 
I get the white bits in my 15 gallon's water after a big water change. I think it's just tiny bits which came off the gravel and ornaments. It settles after a while in my tank.
 
what do these white bits look like? could be planaria, common in the aquarium and harmless to fish, they hide in the substrate but a gravel vack will disturb them into the open, planaria are usually caused by over feeding.

Your BN will need a bigger tank in my opinion, i breed them and wouldn't consider it fair to put it in a 70L, it will be fine for a few months but it will need a bigger home, if your tank is heavily stocked then your BN will tip the scale, as above they are the messiest fish around. BN's vary in size, dependent on diet and housing, one of my males is 8 inches.

I feed them a regular diet of cucumber, spinach, courgette, lettuce, peas, bloodworm and dried powdered egg yolk (only for fry) and algae wafers.
 
They arent planaria for sure, I have just googled them and they look NOTHING like that, they are literally like specs of dust.

Thanks anyway,

D.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top