corydoras problem something is wrong

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Meg0000

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hi, there is a problem my corys are so often at the surface and not just to take a gulp of air, they litterally stay at the surface vertically sometimes they even stop moving and just float vertically at the surface. It's been a month or so since they started doing this, I was really busy and stressed with school so I didn't have time to post a thread about it, I hope it's not that bad and that someone find what they have :( I can post a video if necessary.

One of them is very kind of pale I think, and always look sick. I would like to know if it's normal coloration

Attachments

• 1600553375217889073522.jpg
    1600553375217889073522.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 167
  • 16005535004491061797109.jpg
    16005535004491061797109.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 163
Do you have any floating plants? What other fish are in with them? I presume all your water parameters are ok?

Do you have any floating plants? What other fish are in with them? I presume all your water parameters are ok?
I have floating plants, the other fish are pearl gourami and hengeli rasboras. Water parameters are good.

How many cories do you have? Mine do occasionally like to hang around amongst the frogbit at the top for extended periods. Have a look at how it behaves at night when the lights are off. If its inactive then it would indicate theres a problem

A video please.

@Byron Video and a photo:

Attachments

• 20200919_194503.jpg
    20200919_194503.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Video and a photo:

Monitor this. I see cories do this frequently, though I will admit that they are not quite as frantic as the cory on the left that keeps breaching the surface.

Monitor this. I see cories do this frequently, though I will admit that they are not quite as frantic as the cory on the left that keeps breaching the surface.
So what should I do, maybe the oxygen is too low?

I don't think so as all the fish would be gulping for air. Does it feed ok?
Do you mean like if they eat normally?If yes then they eat normally and are always there for food but I would like to know if they look skinny? like too skiny?

Do you mean like if they eat normally?If yes then they eat normally and are always there for food but I would like to know if they look skinny? like too skiny?
Normally as in it will go down to the bottom to feed on whatever sinking food you are providing for bottom feeders. Hard to tell from the vid if theyre skinny but I'm going to say no and ask @NCaquatics what she thinks?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back