🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

cherrybarbbaby

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I saw these cory fish in the ifs and i could not resist :wub:

Is there anything special I need to know about them...I guess I should have
checked with you all before I brought them home :rolleyes:

They had other Cory fish that were long and skinny some bright red and others blue ???
I did not get them. I was not sure if they were suppose to be that color :eek:

They have a vertical blk stip down over the eyes and one blk strip down in the middle of their backs..kinda like a skunk.

Here is a link to Planet Catfish with some info on the corys you bought. I looked at buying some of these two weeks ago, but I went with bronze corys instead. Hope the link helps.

I don't know anything about the coloured ones you described.

I hear now they dye the corys, but as for the corys you got, I have read about them in the past and they seem to be like the others and dont need anything different than the other cories.

You have Bandit Corys, the other Corys where most likely died (injected with in or put in an ink bath) and we try to stop people doing this. Well donje for choosing the better Corys. 90% of died fish die. If your lfs had 20 Corys, 180 Corys would have died approx. Maybe more maybe less, most likely more!

THanks for the link Captain Canuck!!

Poor Dyed Cories :angry: why can't people leave well enough alone. They are pretty on their on w/out being tampered with!!!!

I'm going to call the manager of Pets Plus and tell him that I can't buy from his store anymore because he is selling dyed fish!

Not that he will care. However, if he knew how much money I spent on fish and cat products he would care!!!!

That really sucks to because they are close to my house and have a large selection of fish.

:angry: :grr: :( :no:

Hi Inchworm !!!

I love these little guys that are soooo cute and soooo crazy :rolleyes: once they get moving and wiggling around the tank all the other cories go at it ...my betts likes them so much he has started sleeping in one of the cory caves to be near them :fun:

Thanks for posting those links, I'm happy to say that the fish I saw do not look like the dyed ones in your post!!! Yahoooooo :)

They were the orange and green stripped ones and they are a lot thinner than my puggie Mataes' ;)

Hi cherrybarbbaby :)

You were looking at the #1 corys on my "must have" list. :clap:

Unfortunately, I've never seen them in real life. I do not see them offered for sale on the internet, either.

They must be fairly brightly colored if you thought they were dyed. :nod: Are they really as nice as they look in the pictures?

When you go back to that lfs, please try to learn as much as possible about them. For example, they may know if they were tank raised or imported. How much were they asking for them? What name do they call them? :unsure:

Thanks for any help you can give me. :D

Hi InchWorm :)

Yes they look just like the picture and are VERY bright-- they look like candy!! :nod:
They were very active and swimming alot.

I will get as much info as I can for you, hopefully I will get back there this Sat.

I know how much you love your Cories! I wish there was some way you could get them since you want them so badly.
:(

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back