Cory disappeared

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

aquarius

Fishaholic
Reaction score
well i knew something bad was bound to happen sooner or later. i can't find one of my albino cories. i haven't seen him in two days now. i've searched the entire tank. there's only so much space he could have hidden in a 10 gal tank. well there's not a trace of him anywhere. on the 24th i cleaned the tank and moved the filter, gravel, decor around but i think there were all three cories swimming around after i was done. i can't remember though. and if he died, there would have been remains of him, like all the other fish that have died. so anyone have an idea what could have happened to him? he was th liveliest and biggest cory of the three :sad:

Is their any decor he could've gotten himself wedged in?? I have a friend and she hadn't seen her kuhli loach in 2 weeks. So me and my b/f decided one day to look for it. We found it wedged up inside one of those tall castles still alive! Also i have a cousin and her parents thought their CAO was dead but he just always hides in this hollow log that they never saw him..
I also had a neon just dissappear. No traces. I searched in my filter, even the outside of my tank to see if he jumped. Nothing...

Hope u sort things out ;)

Hi Aquarius :)

I'm sorry to hear about your cory. :-(

Could he have jumped out? Is there an open space at the back of your tank where the filter and heater are?

I don't think I've lost any corys that way, but I've lost gouramis. Sometimes when fish come swimming up to the top to grab a gulp of air, it seems like they can get up more speed than they think and kind of overshoot. It's not unusual for me to hear gouramis splashing when that happens.

Inchworm said:
Sometimes when fish come swimming up to the top to grab a gulp of air, it seems like they can get up more speed than they think and kind of overshoot. It's not unusual for me to hear gouramis splashing when that happens.
I'm surprised my barbs haven't jumped out yet too! I have crazy active rosey barbs and when they come up to get their food their tails have made splashes of water onto me! Such piggies :fun:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back