Cory, Cory, Cory, Cory!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

okay thanks, because i wasnt sure if those kinds of sand would be safe. ill be checking my home hardware store next time im out :good:

play sand will come in different colours right? i dont want a nasty brown sand in my tank lol

theres an art store near petsmart. do you think sand from there would be ok?

edit: yea theres the little blue guy lol

i need to kno!!! craftstore sand is okay or not!

I don't know about the sand. I guess make sure there are no silicates, additives like clumping factors, or some other thing. If it is pure sterilized sand with no additives, I guess it should work.

You might try posting in the CHAT forum.

If you want sand with color you will have to pay more like I did. You can get it at several mail order pet stores or have your lfs order it if they don't carry it. Plain sand is cheap... the colors are not. You have to make sure it is safe for your fish also.
Craft sand usually isn't good. It depends on the kind though.

NEW CORY QUESTION: not for my small tank, i am set on pygmys :)

what is a breed of cory that doesnt go past 2 inches and can stand high temps? 79-85F

Sorry. I don't know much about the little ones.

Did you get the sand thing sorted?

yea i think im going to the go to the hardware stores nearby soon, my LPS doesnt have safe sand.

saw cute little corys yesterday. almost bought two baby green corys which are from the same cory family as my bronze cory which are good in high temps llike 82F

so ill be going in a couple days when they get new stock to get from buddies for my guy :D

edit: i got a nice big airstone, and when i put it in my cory started to play in the bubbles.. it was so cute. i thought i should share lol

Check with a pool company. pool filter sand is safe too.
Also check out mail order. White sand for tanks is quite common.
These are other options if the first ones don't work out.

Most reactions

Back