Cory Catching carefully!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Yeah, I'm going to take a punt with nets. Might try to herd them into a glass or a tupperware. I hate catching fish.

When we bought our mystery corys a couple weeks ago, one managed to get its pectoral spine through the plastic bag, and it was quite stuck. I managed to gently push it free, after some faff, but it was a bit traumatizing. More so for the fish than me.

Yeah, I'm going to take a punt with nets. Might try to herd them into a glass or a tupperware. I hate catching fish.

When we bought our mystery corys a couple weeks ago, one managed to get its pectoral spine through the plastic bag, and it was quite stuck. I managed to gently push it free, after some faff, but it was a bit traumatizing. More so for the fish than me.

Sending some positive thoughts that it all goes smoothly! I like catching fish when it goes well and I feel like a pro. Hate it when it goes poorly and I feel like an idiot... :lol:

My best tip is to not be in a rush, and if you're struggling and it's not going well, to take a tea/coffee break and some deep breaths before you go back and try again. Really does help.
I also found this video super helpful. I re-watch it on occasion before I have to catch fish, since I feel like it reminds me of his tips. I think even pros benefit from this. Who better to give tips than someone who's had a fishstore for decades?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back