cory barbels degraded and white mouth

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

RainGamma

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I noticed my cory wasnt doing well, so I moved him to a seperate tank. Right now I dosed with salt its been a couple days Iā€™m not too sure if theres been improvements. He doesnā€™t move too much and when hes ā€œsleepingā€ (or i dont really know lol) he lays on his side.

Attachments

• 745E5141-9D6B-474D-8839-B3BC0AADD793.jpeg
    745E5141-9D6B-474D-8839-B3BC0AADD793.jpeg
    207.4 KB · Views: 58
  • 3A32456B-0517-44A8-8A18-8C1D326D1ECF.jpeg
    3A32456B-0517-44A8-8A18-8C1D326D1ECF.jpeg
    216.7 KB · Views: 60
  • FFEF0227-B58B-4FED-862A-20B569BD048B.jpeg
    FFEF0227-B58B-4FED-862A-20B569BD048B.jpeg
    216.7 KB · Views: 57
  • 2A9A0E49-EBE2-4C72-A584-456CD979B450.jpeg
    2A9A0E49-EBE2-4C72-A584-456CD979B450.jpeg
    198.1 KB · Views: 63
  • 97626013-3EC0-400E-B928-18221184D306.jpeg
    97626013-3EC0-400E-B928-18221184D306.jpeg
    207.4 KB · Views: 56
A lot of catfish sleep on their side or on their back.

What was wrong with it that made you move it?
Besides some minor damage to the left pectoral fin, it looks fine.

Is it eating?
What does its poop look like?
What's the water quality like (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH)?

Is it eating?
Iā€™m not sure how its poop is like. Hes not eating that much. What made me put him in was because he kept flashing

Nitrate: 0
Nitrite: 0
KH: 80
GH: 180
PH: 7
Temp: 78

Sadly i dont have an ammonia tester

Fish rubbing on objects can be caused by poor water quality (ammonia, nitrite or nitrate), or external protozoan parasites like white spot, velvet, Costia, Chilodonella & Trichodina.

White spot and velvet need heat or chemical medications (Malachite Green or copper) to kill the parasites.

Costia, Chilodonella & Trichodina can be killed with Malachite Green, copper or salt. You need 2 heaped tablespoons of rock salt per 20 litres of water for this. Keep salt in water for 2 weeks.

If you have external protozoan parasites in the aquarium, you might as well put him back in the main tank and treat that.

Fish rubbing on objects can be caused by poor water quality (ammonia, nitrite or nitrate), or external protozoan parasites like white spot, velvet, Costia, Chilodonella & Trichodina.

White spot and velvet need heat or chemical medications (Malachite Green or copper) to kill the parasites.

Costia, Chilodonella & Trichodina can be killed with Malachite Green, copper or salt. You need 2 heaped tablespoons of rock salt per 20 litres of water for this. Keep salt in water for 2 weeks.

If you have external protozoan parasites in the aquarium, you might as well put him back in the main tank and treat that.
okay i have him on salt already its been 5 days. Ill let you know what happens after 2 weeks. If theres a chance he doesnt improve after 2 weeks what should i do?

If there's no improvement after a week or two, put the fish back in the tank and post pictures and video of it and the other fish, and the tank.

Do a 75% water change and gravel clean every day for a week. See if that helps.

You can try deworming the fish. See section 3 of the following link for information on deworming fish.

If there's no improvement after a week or two, put the fish back in the tank and post pictures and video of it and the other fish, and the tank.

You can try deworming the fish. See section 3 of the following link for information on deworming fish.
Okay thanks a lot

going to try deworming

hes not really eating food, should i still deworm? hes laying on his side not moving much @Colin_T

does it move around at night after the lights are out?
it could just be sleeping during the day, which is normal for them.

can't really offer much else

put it back in with the others and deworm all your fish. Keep the tank clean and feed it a varied diet and see what happens.

Is it eating?
Corys don't normally

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back