Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

No, it's like using a chain link fence to keep mosquitoes out.
Lol. Yes and no. I feel that is extreme. But it all depends on the material. I don't wear a mask anymore but I do at certain places... When I do it's a cloth mask which is fairly thick. That HELPS with some things getting through but not all... It's just to help

Again, apples to oranges. The mask is a different issue. Asians have been wearing masks in public for years due to several reasons, yet the disease originated there and spread from there to the world. China today boasts a zero covid policy and continues to crack down and lock down at the first "positive" detection and mandates masks and shots for everyone and everywhere, and even packages go on quarantines going in and out of the country. It's almost like they're back where the US was a couple of years ago, where most people were dousing themselves with alcohol, bleach or hand sanitizer before, during and after going to the corner store. I personally know of people who upon returning from the dreaded streets would literally get naked at their door, bagged their clothes, and went straight to a long shower before touching anything in their homes. If that isn't mind control, I don't know what is.

Again, apples to oranges. The mask is a different issue. Asians have been wearing masks in public for years due to several reasons, yet the disease originated there and spread from there to the world. China today boasts a zero covid policy and continues to crack down and lock down at the first "positive" detection and mandates masks and shots for everyone and everywhere, and even packages go on quarantines going in and out of the country. It's almost like they're back where the US was a couple of years ago, where most people were dosing themselves with alcohol, bleach and hand sanitizer before, during and after going to the corner store. I personally know of people who upon returning from the dreaded streets would literally get naked at their door, bagged their clothes, and went straight to a long shower before touching anything in their homes. If that isn't mind control, I don't know what is.
I'm not that crazy 🤣... Your house, your germs... idk. Like that is a bit extreme.
See it's all in people's minds when they take things to new levels. They didn't have to strip down and do all l that.
It's just really out of hand then.
But they may be germaphobes. Which I am personally definitely not but I understand that reports of a pandemic would make them go insane 😅

We all took it seriously to start with but when 90% of the population is safe guarded and the other 10% are out there keeping the world running it’s very hard to take it seriously,
While people were fighting over toilet roll I was laying foundations for building my wife was looking after elderly so they didn’t starve to death . It’s easy to debate something that you can hide from but when you have had no protection from an apparent world changing virus you can only present facts and those are I know nobody who has died from covid so that must mean the people who are dying are the ones hiding from it

Then there are those who (still) drive alone, in a car, with windows up, with a mask on.

:rofl:
Yah... But tbh I have done it to. I come out of a place and forget to take my mask down or something lol. I'll be half way home and then it's like: "Oh... My mask is still on" 🤣

it'd be interesting if you, or someone else, could provide the explanation as to why the shingles virus is one shot and done, and not sars. They're both viruses.
Measles virus has been in people for centuries and lots of people are vaccinated against it. There are only a small number of cases and this reduces the chance of it mutating.

Covid19 is a new virus to humans and is being spread by millions of people every day. The more people that catch the virus, the more chance of it mutating.

Viruses can also hybridise with each other and that allows them to bypass vaccines. Corona viruses are very good at this and more likely to hybridise and mutate than other types of virus like the measles, mumps & chicken pox viruses.

The quickest way to stop covid19 would be a world wide lockdown where nobody goes outside for 2 weeks. The virus would not be spread and would die out. Unfortunately that won't happen due to people spreading it.

I'm not that crazy 🤣... Your house, your germs... idk. Like that is a bit extreme.
See it's all in people's minds when they take things to new levels. They didn't have to strip down and do all l that.
It's just really out of hand then.
But they may be germaphobes. Which I am personally definitely not but I understand that reports of a pandemic would make them go insane 😅
That's me, and I disinfect my hands before I get in my car after going shopping (not before shopping), and I unpack my car and put stuff away before disinfecting and taking clothes off and having a shower.

------------------
Then there are those who (still) drive alone, in a car, with windows up, with a mask on.

:rofl:
That's me as well, but I don't have anyone to hop in a car with and my power windows don't work so can't wind the windows down.

Yah... But tbh I have done it to. I come out of a place and forget to take my mask down or something lol. I'll be half way home and then it's like: "Oh... My mask is still on" 🤣
I've done it coming out of either a school, work, or hospital, but always tear it off before getting to the car. Excepting when I was in the Peoples Republic of Illinois visiting relatives, I refused to wear a mask.

Measles virus has been in people for centuries and lots of people are vaccinated against it. There are only a small number of cases and this reduces the chance of it mutating.

Covid19 is a new virus to humans and is being spread by millions of people every day. The more people that catch the virus, the more chance of it mutating.

Viruses can also hybridise with each other and that allows them to bypass vaccines. Corona viruses are very good at this and more likely to hybridise and mutate than other types of virus like the measles, mumps & chicken pox viruses.

The quickest way to stop covid19 would be a world wide lockdown where nobody goes outside for 2 weeks. The virus would not be spread and would die out. Unfortunately that won't happen due to people spreading it.
If that is true, how come china can't get a grip on it. They were the first to lock down, the first to mass vaccinate AND implement the qr code for tamper proof "verification" and they still lock down to this day at the first detection. Nobody gets in without being vaccinated, tested AND after a 2 week quarantine .

I've done it coming out of either a school, work, or hospital, but always tear it off before getting to the car.
Yah lol. I'd just be going down the road and then whoops... I realized I had a mask on while in the car lol

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back