Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I have no personal fear of the new strains, but I keep my vaccines up to date, and I do mask. Why? My 87 year old mother in law is frail, and I have known too many good people in her situation that died from the virus. I've always gotten along fine with people much older than me, but through the worst of the pandemic, I lost a few of those friends before they should have had to die. Most people in her family seem to live well into their nineties, and I'd like her to have a shot at that.

People phrase it as a question of fear, but to me that's just politics talking. In my situation, a mask in crowded contexts is annoying common sense. I occasionally get comments and cracks from the flat earth gallery (according to a weird man in the local Mall, I'm apparently the only bald sheep on the planet) but most people just mask or not, and don't bother each other. If you go into a large store, you'll probably see about 40% masked, and no one bothers anyone else about it either way.

My life is back to normal, pre-Covid, except I retired to take care of a family member with cancer in the middle of it all. She's doing fine now, and life goes on. I keep a supply of fresh masks and use them in what I see as risky situations. The ever mutating virus is with us now, in all its evolutions, and we can only try to do our best by those around us.

I'd guess about 1 out of 100 people wears masks in my town. I'm not one of them. I'm back to normal as far as covid goes. But I think there's room for both views. I can't imagine why anybody would hassle someone who chooses to wear a mask. It isn't like they're hurting anybody. @GaryE That "bald sheep" commentor should have it pointed out to him that, since hardly anybody is masking now, maybe the people wearing masks aren't the sheep. 🐑

Listen, my children: You can disagree with someone and still be nice about it. It is even possible to understand, respect and appreciate someone else's reasoning and point of view, without necessarily sharing it. Some people need to go back to kindergarten and relearn this stuff, I guess...

The Coronavirus is spreading rapidly worldwide.
  • What is the present state of the virus in your country or state?
  • Do you know anyone who is infected?
  • What restrictions does your government have to prevent the spread of the virus?
  • Are you making any preparations such as stocking up on food and buying masks?
  • What is your opinion about the coronavirus..is it overblown; or do you feel there will be a pandemic?
Please stick to the facts and stay on topic. Please be able to back up your post with a link to a reputable source if necessary.
Please, just stop. Turn off the thought control box on your wall. Immediately.

I tested positive for Covid-19 on Boxing day 2021. When I tested I had no symptoms but lived with someone who started showing symptoms. My symptoms started on the 27th. I was a healthy 29 year old when I caught it and lived with someone who was developing stage 4 cancer. She wasn't too bad. Me, on the other hand, became quite ill. My temperature was 39.8c before it started to respond to paracetamol and come down. I was crying because of the pain in my head and I thought I was going to cough up a lung.

It's been just over a year and I'm currently waiting for my first appointment with the long covid team. I have been suffering fatigue and pain since Covid-19. I used to work with horses and worked stupidly long hours with very physical work. I have never been this tired and I'm so tired it actually hurts.

On paper, I should have come through Covid-19 with mild symptoms and no after effects. The reality was I nearly ended up calling for an ambulance for myself because I thought I was going to burn up from the inside and I have been left with after effects that aren't getting better.

@Sylvan - That's a rough one. I hope people read you and feel human solidarity with what you experienced. Whatever measures we feel should or should not be taken, thinking people have to respect your experience, and hopefully supprt research for people hit with long COVID symptoms. There is so much to be learned, and it can be of practical help to a lot of people.

Looks like Covid is making an unwelcome comeback. Another strain is starting to spread and people are again being told to mask up.

Have you had Covid in the past? How long ago?
Have you had a recent case of covid?
Has anyone you know been recently infected?
Will you start wearing a mask again?
Will you be taking any precautions to lower your risk such as social distancing, avoiding public places, staying home more etc.

Looks like Covid is making an unwelcome comeback. Another strain is starting to spread and people are again being told to mask up.
Have you had a recent case of covid? No.
Has anyone you know been recently infected? Yes.
Will you start wearing a mask again? HELL NO
Will you be taking any precautions to lower your risk such as social distancing, avoiding public places, staying home more etc. LOL, NO.
unvaxxed and unafraid.

I have had 3 vaccines but they say there is another variant and they recommend you get the latest vaccine. I've been holding off getting the latest vaccine for now. I will decide later whether to get the latest vaccine.

I've had covid twice....First time round was the absolute pits, worst flu I've ever had. The body pain was horrendous, even my toes hurt. It took about a week to stop hurting, the coughing didn't start until around then.

Second time was rough but was much easier to cope with. I've been vaccinated once through peer pressure but will not be vaccinated again. There have been so many negative reports regarding side effects, etc. So for now I will pass on the jab until there's been enough research done.

I know there's new strains coming around all the time but it's just part of life now, something we all have to unfortunately accept and do our part to keep it contained instead of passing it around.

Have you had Covid in the past? How long ago?
Have you had a recent case of covid?
Has anyone you know been recently infected?
Will you start wearing a mask again?
Will you be taking any precautions to lower your risk such as social distancing, avoiding public places, staying home more etc.
no
no
no
yes
yes

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back