Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

This where government should be ensuring sick leave for workers paid by employers. You shouldn't be hurt financially for being sick
I know what you're saying and in an ideal world we'd get full pay for socially isolating (her child is sick not her) but in this case she achieved nothing by being selfish. The child's year group bubble are learning from home for two weeks so she will need to take the time off work now anyway. Additionally she has put others at risk of Covid 19 and disrupted the education of 90 kids who have only been back at school for a week.

Oh look I'm not justifying it. But if people are on poverty line or in real treat if losing their job it's not so clear cut. And I would be furious if my kid was in that class! I'm lucky I've just one kid at 2.5 yrs so was easy to keep him home & keep us all safe

OK so you are sitting in the cinema and the person behind three rows up sneezes The Rona over your head space...
Oh there is some confusion. I'm saying that had we taken the necessary precautions when we found out about the virus we wouldn't be in the position we are in today. Also I meant I would rather be at the movies with my friends than in my house alone, but I'm here because its the safe, right thing to do.

Oh there is some confusion. I'm saying that had we taken the necessary precautions when we found out about the virus we wouldn't be in the position we are in today. Also I meant I would rather be at the movies with my friends than in my house alone, but I'm here because its the safe, right thing to do.
I don't know. Ireland were quick enough with measures & restrictions but we're still not back to normal. You can go to the cinema but seating is spaced out & you wear a mask. I haven't been myself since all this. New Zealand handled it very well but were able to massively restrict entrance to their country.

I don't know. Ireland were quick enough with measures & restrictions but we're still not back to normal. You can go to the cinema but seating is spaced out & you wear a mask. I haven't been myself since all this. New Zealand handled it very well but we're able to massively restrict entrance to their country.
Ah I'm in the U.S. That should speak for itself.

I don't know. Ireland were quick enough with measures & restrictions but we're still not back to normal. You can go to the cinema but seating is spaced out & you wear a mask. I haven't been myself since all this. New Zealand handled it very well but we're able to massively restrict entrance to their country.
I agree but I think getting on it sooner would definitely have been beneficial for the U.S. We wouldn't be going out, but we might be seeing a slow in the cases.

I agree but I think getting on it sooner would definitely have been beneficial for the U.S. We wouldn't be going out, but we might be seeing a slow in the cases.
Yeah the US handled it dreadfully, then politicised it to cover the ineptitude. I hope there's some slow down. It's horrific to me that you gave such serious financial charges to access healthcare, have no sick leave, precarious work with very little rights. You need workers unions & a serious revolution.

Yeah the US handled it dreadfully, then politicised it to cover the ineptitude. I hope there's some slow down. It's horrific to me that you gave such serious financial charges to access healthcare, have no sick leave, precarious work with very little rights. You need workers unions & a serious revolution.
More like a different president, but thats not what we are talking about.

Well as it happens in the last two weeks I saw just two hot air baloons, either they are not social distancing because the baskets aren't that big or they are social distancing and taking social distancing to the extreme..

I imagine (I haven’t read the article but did see the headline) even if it doesn’t say it, he must have been told several times about having parties etc and just continued to flout the rules. I.e a lady was fined twice in one day £100 each time for refusing to wear a mask (no medical grounds). Having a nurse for a husband, and seeing what he went through early on in the pandemic, it’s well deserved in my opinion.

I read an interesting article the other day, the article was suggesting the virus was earths way of getting back at back for the damage they have caused. Also from a group I wont name they suggest the reason why he get the virus was because we took down forestry and interacted with the animals that the virus came from..

I read an interesting article the other day, the article was suggesting the virus was earths way of getting back at back for the damage they have caused. Also from a group I wont name they suggest the reason why he get the virus was because we took down forestry and interacted with the animals that the virus came from..
Can't argue with that. The biggest threat to the planet is that there are too many people on it. We constantly seek ways to extend life, produce more people and induce them to spend more money. Money comes before the environment. Interesting piece on telly about why electric cars were bad and it was so important to get the oil industry going because of all the jobs it would save in Texas. New ways of doing things will create jobs, not cost them. Those stirring up the fear are those that would lose the obscene amounts of money they make. It has nothing to do with saving the jobs of ordinary people, its all about protecting and increasing the wealth of the wealthy.

Did you see the Attenborough programme on extiction? Its quite staggering how many species of plants and insects have become extinct in our own generation, and the rate at which the natural part of the planet is reducing.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back