Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Just re-read the first couple of pages from this thread at the end of February.
Amazed at the knowledge and insight from Colin in post #5!

How is Colin?

I was watching a lot of The Walking Dead back then. I went to my sisters birthday party end of February, I think now remember perhaps seeing a headline for this on the news app but it only got clear when I saw about the Italy visit with the scouts guy being called a super spreader in March I think I saw it as a big story.

Just re-read the first couple of pages from this thread at the end of February.
Amazed at the knowledge and insight from Colin in post #5!

Well it looks like he started the toilet roll craze lol ..

"I plan on having 3 months worth of food and cleaning products, tissues, etc."

How is Colin?

Nobody has heard from him. He may be hunkered down with his 3 months supplies, avoiding the world until the second wave has subsided?

I was watching a lot of The Walking Dead back then. I went to my sisters birthday party end of February, I think now remember perhaps seeing a headline for this on the news app but it only got clear when I saw about the Italy visit with the scouts guy being called a super spreader in March I think I saw it as a big story.

Really need to find time to watch Walking Dead. It's been recommended to me a lot. if my workplace closes down I'll add this to my plan to avoid getting bored.

Trump knew it was a deadly virus on 7th Feb, I don't know about you guys but I don't think I learned of it until mid March or so.
No, we began hearing about it in February. I remember because I was just getting over a lower respiratory infection and wondered about it. Always had upper ones in the past and quite exhausted all the time. Did I just say “quite”? Is that my British or my Australian coming out? :)

Coronavirus hit the headlines in January in the UK when 2 Chinese nationals from Wuhan were confirmed as having it. They were in the UK to attend a graduation ceremony at the university where my son works (which teaches English as a foreign language with mainly Chinese students in the class). Our son was worried as someone he works with had attended the same graduation ceremony.

I really just want to be able to see my friends and go the movies. It's a shame people won't just stay home and quarantine. This is going to take forever.

I really just want to be able to see my friends and go the movies. It's a shame people won't just stay home and quarantine. This is going to take forever.
IKR.
Man in my town got a test THEN went on a night out around all the pubs. Test came back positive. Two weeks on and one of his friends is in hospital with it.
Someone else refused to get their child tested because it would mean they would need to stay home and they said they couldn't afford the time off work. The child's school now has to close next week.
People need more personal responsibility.

It's like being in the Twilight Zone.

And it just had to become political. We couldn't just do the stuff we needed too to keep each other safe. It had to be wah wah democrats this republicans that.

IKR.
Man in my town got a test THEN went on a night out around all the pubs. Test came back positive. Two weeks on and one of his friends is in hospital with it.
Someone else refused to get their child tested because it would mean they would need to stay home and they said they couldn't afford the time off work. The child's school now has to close next week.
This where government should be ensuring sick leave for workers paid by employers. You shouldn't be hurt financially for being sick

Really need to find time to watch Walking Dead. It's been recommended to me a lot. if my workplace closes down I'll add this to my plan to avoid getting bored.

Also The Good Wife, then The Good Fight, House of cards, The Affair, if you are under the age of 18, I didn't say all that, Try Eureka instead...

IKR.

I completely agree, I spent four months in a shielding self isolation scenario because I have 4 other people in this house who are 70 or over with underlying health issues and yet if the virus has come and gone in the space of a few weeks, couldn't we have just all done a jolly good job of self isolation not just between households but between individuals in these households and then the virus wouldn't be anywhere near the rate of infection today? Yse that would have extreme practicality issues such as shopping, however, it would have contained the virus much better would it not?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back