Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

Their problem is that they are drinking... :sick:

Give me a Pepsi and I'll be your friend. Why can't people just stop there? :pepsi:
No its not! My daughter had it really badly. She has now recovered and virus free. But had had a physically demanding job (training racehorses) and had to give up her job because she just can't cope with the physical exertion.

Does anyone believe me if I say that I have never drink soda,
Pepsi, cocacola in my lifetime yet soooo.....

Does anyone believe me if I say that I have never drink soda,
Pepsi, cocacola in my lifetime yet soooo.....
I believe you. I have never drunk Pepsi, don't like Coke and haven't had fizzy drinks/ lolly water (Fanta, Passiona, Club Lemon soda) for years.

------------------
The problem with alcohol during a pandemic is that drunk people are more social and get closer and closer to other people. They also don't think about things as well as they should. So whilst they might be concerned about social distancing when sober, that goes out the door when drunk. This increases the risk of transmission of diseases. Combine that with large numbers of people in a small room (like a pub) and you have an ideal situation for a virus to spread.

Then there are issues with the Police having to deal with drunken people. Drunks generally fall into 2 categories, happy drunks and violent drunks. Happy drunks are compliant but rowdy, whereas violent drunks will spit, swear and fight with anyone, including the Police. This means Police are at higher risk of catching covid19 or any other virus because they often have to get physical with the drunken offender who might bite or spit on the officers.

Alcohol damages brain cells, the liver and increases the risk of people developing cancer. People become addicted to alcohol and regularly use it to try and deal with underlying issues, which it temporarily helps with (while they are drunk) but does nothing in the long run.

My best friend is an alcoholic and it is horrible watching him become brain dead. His kids keep asking him to stop but he can't. My cousin is also an alcoholic and it is horrible watching her turn into a vegetable too. She rings up and has a conversation with you, then half an hour later she will ring up and have the same conversation.

About 85% of Police call outs in most countries are related to alcohol or drugs.

On Friday and Saturday nights, about 80% of people going into public hospitals are under the influence of alcohol or drugs.

At night time, over half the motor vehicle accidents are related to alcohol.

----------------------
Some people do become addicted to fizzy drinks. The sugar or sugar substitutes cause damage to the liver and pancreas, and many people who are addicted to fizzy drinks, gain huge amounts of weight and develop diabetes in their 30s.

I believe you. I have never drunk Pepsi, don't like Coke and haven't had fizzy drinks/ lolly water (Fanta, Passiona, Club Lemon soda) for years.
If by soda you mean carbonated water I drink several litres a day (using my Fish RO water ;))
If you mean that ghastly stuff Americans call soda with tons of sugar (or artificial sweeteners), artificial flavouring and colour then I haven't touched it in about 30 years.

My sister had a stroke at 56 due to alcoholism and smoking. She still drinks like a fish and smokes like a chimney ( it’s only beer, she tries to say). She can no longer speak well and has cognitive issues. So sad to watch.

------------------
The problem with alcohol during a pandemic is that drunk people are more social and get closer and closer to other people. They also don't think about things as well as they should. So whilst they might be concerned about social distancing when sober, that goes out the door when drunk. This increases the risk of transmission of diseases. Combine that with large numbers of people in a small room (like a pub) and you have an ideal situation for a virus to spread.

Then there are issues with the Police having to deal with drunken people. Drunks generally fall into 2 categories, happy drunks and violent drunks. Happy drunks are compliant but rowdy, whereas violent drunks will spit, swear and fight with anyone, including the Police. This means Police are at higher risk of catching covid19 or any other virus because they often have to get physical with the drunken offender who might bite or spit on the officers.

Alcohol damages brain cells, the liver and increases the risk of people developing cancer. People become addicted to alcohol and regularly use it to try and deal with underlying issues, which it temporarily helps with (while they are drunk) but does nothing in the long run.

My best friend is an alcoholic and it is horrible watching him become brain dead. His kids keep asking him to stop but he can't. My cousin is also an alcoholic and it is horrible watching her turn into a vegetable too. She rings up and has a conversation with you, then half an hour later she will ring up and have the same conversation.

About 85% of Police call outs in most countries are related to alcohol or drugs.

On Friday and Saturday nights, about 80% of people going into public hospitals are under the influence of alcohol or drugs.

At night time, over half the motor vehicle accidents are related to alcohol.

----------------------
Some people do become addicted to fizzy drinks. The sugar or sugar substitutes cause damage to the liver and pancreas, and many people who are addicted to fizzy drinks, gain huge amounts of weight and develop diabetes in their 30s.
Also studies that show coke a cola gives a increased chance of cancer.(I drink like one soda a week and it’s ussaly ginger ale.)

Also studies that show coke a cola gives a increased chance of cancer.(I drink like one soda a week and it’s ussaly ginger ale.)
Me to. I drink two sodas a week. One on Sunday and one on Saturday. If I limit myself to 2 sodas per week, I know I won’t have issues.

Besides, I always drink water. (Unless I’m exercising, then I drink GatorAid)

I confess, I drink 1 Diet Coke every morning. It’s my coffee since I don’t like coffee. After that it’s Splenda sweet year for this Souhern gal or water.

I have a ginger beer about once every 3 or four months.
And a small soda about once every two weeks

I drink way too much water lol

I think the QT is finally getting to me. Crying or holding back tears a lot. Very lonely while hubby is working. At my age, not too many friends left. Only one I feel I can cry on her shoulder but don’t want to. So proud of my kids but they all have busy lives with their own kids now. The walls are closing in tighter all the time. I even look older these days. It’s really taking a toll on me. Most of you know that I’m a Christian (certainly imperfect but still a Christian). I don’t feel God around me right now though. How much worse can this possibly get? I need to shake this off!

Most of you know that I’m a Christian (certainly imperfect but still a Christian). I don’t feel God around me right now though. How much worse can this possibly get? I need to shake this off!
He's probably taken off to get away from this. Watching the human race destroy the planet and kill themselves off with a virus is freaking him out too.

As for how much worse can this get, lots :(
You have an idiot president that doesn't think this is a problem.
You have lots of young people who agree with him and don't care if they spread it.
You have hundreds of thousands of cases and it's spreading uncontrollably.

I'm freaking out in Australia and we're nowhere near as bad as the US. I couldn't cope being there right now, I would snap and top myself.

You need to hold on and talk to hubby when he gets home. Let him know how you feel. Call your friend up or talk to your priest. Don't bottle it up tho, that just makes it worse.

I am watching shows like the A Team, Quantum Leap, Babylon 5, and trying to lose myself in comedy (Family Guy, American Dad, The Simpsons).

It’s very bad in some states here.. North Carolina, California, Florida, Texas and other states. It’s been waning here in MA but 8000 people have died from Covid. A mask mandate requiring everyone in this state to wear a mask may soon be passed. Fines will be assessed if you are caught not wearing a mask. Unemployment rate here is the highest in the country at 17%.

On another note: @Colin_T .. did you get your bp meds? Hope so. We’re all concerned. Keep us posted.

Most reactions

Back