Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

That is what everyone is asking.

The hospitals are beating the system, and it’s not right. :/
The hospitals absolutely are NOT beating the system. MCR/MCD are forcing them to report this way. It’s Governments way of making the numbers look worse than they are. The hospitals don’t like it and physicians have refused to do it in some cases. Let’s have the facts straight. It is being pushed by one wing of the Government. I will only say NP is for it!

Why insurance costs will rise greatly:
One man’s hospital bill:
Hospital Bill
You guys have no idea what the operating cost is to run a hospital. The staff salaries alone are astronomical. Any idea how much one MRI machine costs? Try several million dollars for one machine! Medications are outrageous! If you want to start pointing the finger, start with the pharmaceutical companies! Very few hospital systems are making big profits these days.

You guys have no idea what the operating cost is to run a hospital. The staff salaries alone are astronomical. Any idea how much one MRI machine costs? Try several million dollars for one machine! Medications are outrageous! If you want to start pointing the finger, start with the pharmaceutical companies! Very few hospital systems are making big profits these days.
Agreed. It's insane.

People are so quick to blame the poor hospitals. So many hospitals are closing their doors because of inflated costs to operate the facility. Then insurance contracts with them and they make no money at all. Anyone aware of just how your insurance works? Each year they negotiate with hospitals. They may tell the hospital that they will pay $1,000 for a gallbladder surgery. Hospital agrees. If they can do it for $700 then hospital profits $300. However, if complications arise that puts the patient in ICU and costs the hospital $5,000, then the insurance walks away leaving the hospital with a $4,000 deficit. These numbers are low and just an example of how things work. Go after your insurance companies and the high dollar pharmaceutical companies if you want to fix things.

I'm not blaming, that's just what my dad tells me. He said he saw it on the news. The media could just be telling us that though, to make the hospitals look bad. No honest idea... :)

Sadly this reminds me of a commentator line about the TV show ER, which was the TV show was better equipped than most actual hospitals...

People are so quick to blame the poor hospitals. So many hospitals are closing their doors because of inflated costs to operate the facility. Then insurance contracts with them and they make no money at all. . .
This is why hospitals should be owned and run by Federal government. When the Government owns and runs the hospitals, everyone gets treated and medical care is either free of significantly cheaper than in the US.

This is why hospitals should be owned and run by Federal government. When the Government owns and runs the hospitals, everyone gets treated and medical care is either free of significantly cheaper than in the US.
Oh, heck no! No friggin way!!!

So you would rather pay thousands in medical insurance and have medical care for the rich and those who can afford it, and leave the poor to go without?

So you would rather pay thousands in medical insurance and have medical care for the rich and those who can afford it, and leave the poor to go without?
The poor gets it, believe me. Then the hospitals write the care off to charity. I don’t want someone making the decision on whether or not I can have a kidney simply based on my age. Lose all of my decision making capabilities. Absolutely not!

I see both sides.... it's so expensive here but my grandma was refused treatment in NZ because she was old.... it's a hard thing

Do what we do in Australia. Have public hospitals owned by the government, and private hospitals. Every adult in Australia gets a Medicare card (children are put on their parent's card until they are 18), which lets them get free medical treatment at any public hospital and most doctor surgeries. People can also have private health insurance and use public or private hospitals if they want to.

Sweden has free medical for all its population. Everyone pays a bit in medical tax but you can walk into any hospital or doctors surgery and get free medical care. Prior to covid19, Sweden had one of the best medical systems in the world, and they still do but its being put under pressure now because they didn't put any restrictions on people when covid19 popped up.

-----------------
In Victoria, another person who was at the protest rallies last week has tested positive to covid19.

Another primary school has been closed due to 2 students having covid19.

Yet the state government there is relaxing restrictions. Typical stupidity. They have 12 new cases today and possibly more in the next week, but they are still going to relax restrictions.

If covid19 goes nuts in Australia, it will come from Victoria, who has the most cases and who wants all the state borders open. You have to ask why?

New South Wales (NSW) has 3 new cases today, all other states and territories have no new cases.

Last edited:
In the UK our much-maligned NHS system has provided healthcare for all - though this is unlikely to last under our current government.

A free-at-point of need system is, in my opinion, the sign of a civilised society, and I can't understand why anyone resents it.

I am going to say this here, short and sweet, which is basically my thoughts.

Y'all best stop with your conspiracies and your excuses not to stay home. Like take a look around, look at the numbers, LOOK AT THE SUFFERING THAT PEOPLE ARE GOING THROUGH BECAUSE OF YOUR IGNORANCE!!!!!! Stay home, ride the wave out, and believe in yourself and those that are going to get us through this.

I mean obviously I am not referring to anyone here, but these are my covid thoughts about the covidiots. I had kept track of it early on, but not anymore, so I won't comment on any of the politics or such about the situation here.
Yes I agree... it's it best to limit political discussions here. Let's just pray for a vaccine and hope that this virus eventually is conquered.

Do what we do in Australia. Have public hospitals owned by the government, and private hospitals. Every adult in Australia gets a Medicare card (children are put on their parent's card until they are 18), which lets them get free medical treatment at any public hospital and most doctor surgeries. People can also have private health insurance and use public or private hospitals if they want to.

Sweden has free medical for all its population. Everyone pays a bit in medical tax but you can walk into any hospital or doctors surgery and get free medical care. Prior to covid19, Sweden had one of the best medical systems in the world, and they still do but its being put under pressure now because they didn't put any restrictions on people when covid19 popped up.

-----------------
In Victoria, another person who was at the protest rallies last week has tested positive to covid19.

Another primary school has been closed due to 2 students having covid19.

Yet the state government there is relaxing restrictions. Typical stupidity. They have 12 new cases today and possibly more in the next week, but they are still going to relax restrictions.

If covid19 goes nuts in Australia, it will come from Victoria, who has the most cases and who wants all the state borders open. You have to ask why?

New South Wales (NSW) has 3 new cases today, all other states and territories have no new cases.
We have hospitals owned by Government and private already. Actually, the public hospitals are owned by the County. I wouldn’t want to have to use one.

Most reactions

Back