Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Not sure stupider is an actual word in the English dictionary but I know what you mean and yes, humanity can get stupider, much stupider :)
It is :) remember "boys go to Jupiter to get more stupider?" Lol I heard that a lot when I was little

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200523-152133_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200523-152133_Chrome.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 59
not a statement we use in Australia but it's funny. :)
however, I don't think they need to go to Jupiter to become stupider.
I think its just an american thing. The first part is "girls go to mars to get more chocolate bars"

Not good!

I read this earlier and I don't understand why it's such a big deal. According to our government we're taking a global approach. Why would it be so unthinkable to attain samples from other countries? I mean its not like there's not still plenty of it about throughout the world and a possible vaccine could be of benefit to more than just Britain.

Edit to add, in the case of needing infected patients. If that really does become the issue they are predicting. Why can the science not be moved? Why can whatever research it is they are doing not be moved to another country? For example just hand there findings and there scientific theories and even the vaccines and everything else, just hand it to other countries. Cooperate to collate the information. If they were really onto something then the solution is obvious. If that's not an option then either they aren't as confident as they initially stated, or they are solely focused on money which is a very sad thought. Whilst I understand and accept the financial implications, when it comes to the current situation you would like to think businesses and governments across the world could figure that sorta stuff out amongst themselves as long as it gave everybody the best possible chance of finding a vaccine in a timely manner.

Last edited:
Lol. Someone said that people who get SARS cov2 survive but when it develops into Covid19 they die.....what? It's the same thing :rofl: guess what....this person was a nurse too!

Lol. Someone said that people who get SARS cov2 survive but when it develops into Covid19 they die.....what? It's the same thing :rofl: guess what....this person was a nurse too!

It you get a one time light dose of the virus you might get a cold or not even notice it. However if you get a heavy dose you could end up in the hospital.

That is why new york got hit very hard. The subways and trains many people use there got contaminated. So a typical user of a train or subway to get to work Got a dose in the morning and another dose on the way home from work. This happens day after day during the virus gestation period. So when the gestation ended and the person got sick they got very sick very fast.

I think I hd it in late february. I had 4 days of fatigue , (no fever, cough, or any other symptoms. My sister did visit me at this time and about a week later she got a cold. and one of my co workers also called in sick. When he came back to work He said he had a cold.

It you get a one time light dose of the virus you might get a cold or not even notice it. However if you get a heavy dose you could end up in the hospital.

That is why new york got hit very hard. The subways and trains many people use there got contaminated. So a typical user of a train or subway to get to work Got a dose in the morning and another dose on the way home from work. This happens day after day during the virus gestation period. So when the gestation ended and the person got sick they got very sick very fast.

I think I hd it in late february. I had 4 days of fatigue , (no fever, cough, or any other symptoms. My sister did visit me at this time and about a week later she got a cold. and one of my co workers also called in sick. When he came back to work He said he had a cold.
I've wondered if I had had it too - like yourself, in late February/early March. I'd never heard of it because I don't watch or listen to the news. (I only watch comedy or MURDER, or things with animal in them.)

Headachey plus what I thought was just a chest infection. It was worse that usual though, because I could only take shallow breaths - when I was walking the dogs I had to keep stopping and resting, and that NEVER happens, even though I'm a "stridey-out" walker, like the Armies of the Rhine on a Forced March. I was reduced to trailing along in their wake and stopping to gasp for breath. I also had to sleep with my head elevated because I couldn't get my breath, and when I lay down it felt as though someone was sitting on my chest. Breathing was painful, though not agonising.

I did get a doctor's appointment, but in the intervening fortnight it pretty much cleared up, so I cancelled it. But I have wondered since if I had mild Covid. If so Mr LostBear and the Cub will have been thoroughly exposed it, too.

Yes I understand that, I'm just saying it's funny that they called it different things. I know that the bigger viral load you get the worse it.tends to be, bit the name of the virus is the same regardless of the viral load :)

Yes I understand that, I'm just saying it's funny that they called it different things. I know that the bigger viral load you get the worse it.tends to be, bit the name of the virus is the same regardless of the viral load :)
SARS cov2 is a virus. Covid 19 is a disease caused by the virus.

The graves.. Disturbing..

This is heartbreaking. Most of the people have so little, and have no chance of distancing - and now this.

May God bless and keep them.

What the fuplie???

What the fuplie???
What a patronising, self-satisfied, pile of giblets this man is.

He's complaining that cardiologists find heart problems - that no virologists have participated in this study. That is because a significant cardiac effect of this drug has been noted, and it was decided to investigate whether the deleterious effects of the drug on the heart were more dangerous than Covid (ie - is the cure worse than the illness).

They haven't listed all of the authors on the paper "usually when there are 000's of subjects there are many, many authors - Here there are only four. This is suspicious". No it isn't - this sounds like a meta-analysis where the authors have taken both their own data and that of other researchers and combined the results. The other authors and their papers will be noted in the references at the end of the paper. It also enables equal cohorts of subjects with different underlying conditions to be assembled. There are 90,000 subjects in this study - that is HUGE.

I could go on. I haven't read this paper, obviously, but he is cherry-picking the information he is sharing.

This idiot is twisting the data to make himself look clever. He is effectively telling people that hydroxychloroquine won't do any harm (unless you have an underlying heart condition). There are millions of people out there who have underlying conditions that they are unaware of. He admits that he is not a cardiologist (or a research clinician). I have no idea whether the paper is reliable or not - and none of us can tell that from what he has said, because he is self-aggrandising and only giving some selected information. A good research paper asks as many questions as it answers - nothing is as straightforward as Dr "Thingy" is suggesting (can't remember his name and don't care.) The purpose is to stimulate further research and get ever closer to the truth.

I do know, however, that the Lancet usually doesn't publish rubbish studies. And that it is common for studies to be challenged and discussed and examined to determine significance, so the open letter by the "doctors and pharma companies" is not as impressive as it might otherwise be - especially when pharma companies are involved, and many of these doctors will be dependent upon them for research money.

I've been prescribed hydroxyquinochloroquine in the past (I have an auto-immune condition which affects my nervous system) and I had to come off it because it caused a serious cardiac arrhthymia. Ok - I'm just one person, but cardiac problems is a side effect and is obviously occurring often enough to be of concern.

Covid affects breathing. If you can't breathe, and your heart is fighting to beat, you really are on a hiding to nothing,

Update from Western Australia.

We have 6 new cases of covid19 that have come from an animal transport ship that just arrived at Fremantle Harbour (the major port in the southern half of the state). The crew have been taken to a hospital and are in quarantine.

We have a couple more new cases that are linked to a hotel worker that was confirmed as having covid19 last week.

In the eastern states (other side of the country), there are new cases popping up all over Victoria and NSW. Kids went back to school at the start of the week and 2 schools were shut the same day because they had a student at each school that was covid19 positive. More kids have tested positive since then.

The Premiers (equivalent of US Governors) of those 2 states are saying the rest of the country should open their borders and allow interstate travellers in, but the rest of the country is saying no way, get stuffed, we don't want you uncontrolled cases of covid19 coming here.

I was at the shops today and there was a shop worker that was coughing and wiping his nose with his hand. And there were 2 sick customers walking around coughing. These 3 people are in breach of the state and federal laws, which state anyone with a cough, cold, flu, runny nose, or any signs of a cold or flu virus are to stay home. But people don't care and are going out coughing all over the place. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back