Corkscrew Vallisneria Okay In My Tank?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

tmoney7

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
So i bought some corkscrew vallisneria and put it in my 10 gal tank and i was just wondering if people think it will do okay in my tank.

My lighting runs at about 2 watts per gallon and i dose SERA flore daydrops everyday and i just have plain aquarium gravel with no CO2 besides what comes from my HOB filter.   I have read that it can adapt very well but i was just wondering if it will do okay or if i absolutely have to get root tabs for it, also my water is VERY iron rich for plants. 

Not sure if it matters what type they are, I have jungle val in my tank and I don't dose anything, also have lower lighting than you do. I do however have floramax (I think that's it..) as my substrate. So I think yours will be fine ;o

I'm sure yours will be fine!
I've heard it doesn't like softer water though, so if your water is soft then it might not do as well :/ 

my water is in between soft and hard as i raised the kH so that the pH would go up as well.

it will love your water and thrive, or hate it and die its one of them plants which it loves you or hates you, it loves me but i dislike it 

haha okay hopefully it will love me
tongue2.gif
.  i personally love the little strands of the leaves and the way they grow it makes me think of fish swimming through them which reminds me of nemo, but i was wondering how high it would end up growing?

its a background plant will probs grow to the surface about a foot id guess 

mike455555 said:
Do corkscrew and jungle grow to different lengths? ;o

I used to have valls that did quite well....until my gourami ate them. D:

What fish do you have in your tank?

mike455555 said:
Well that's good that it will grow so big but i will probably have to trim it because my tank is a 10 gal and only about 14 inches high but the water is probably 11 or 12 inches so i guess we will have to see :)

I have pygmy corys and olive nerite snails

My pygmy's love sitting on my giant anubais.
wub.png
Adorable!

It doesnt sound like anything will eat them. I'd invest in some root tabs for them, but if you dont want to I'm not holding a gun to your head. They love more than just iron and are almost entirely root feeders.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back