Cories

Deano

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
How many cories should i get to make sure they will all be happy??

Is 3 enough???

Yes, im thinkig about taking all of my fish and putting them into a 30G

Cool! A 30g would make a great home for all your fishes. Your pleco would be better suited in a larger tank.

Answer to your question: 3 minimum, or 5'd be good as they're a sociable species.

Have fun with them. They're great little fishes. :)

Cheers for the reply :D ...think im going to wait until i get my 30G and get about 5 cories...

can you suggest a cool type of cory??? ive seen a few at my lfs and they all look cute to me...which are the best??

Hi Deano :)

When it comes to corys. the more the merrier! :thumbs:

Corys are pretty defenseless to a predator's attack, and they tend to be timid and less active when they are alone. But if you put in a good number of them, they feel more secure so they become more outgoing and active. :D

Inchworm's got the right idea indeed. :)

To me, 3 doesn't sound like enough at all. Personally I get at least 6 for a school. Cories are very sociable, and even though they usually don't all move around together at once, they still want to have more cories within visual range.

There are incredibly many species of cories and it's difficult to choose... Myself, I've got bronze cories, which seem to be among the least shy of the cories, but I also like panda and peppered cories. :)

Wahey! Ive just moved all of my fish into my 30G tank. :D

Also i went to my lfs today and got 3 corydoras julii, they are soo cute!! :wub:

They seem to like playing this kind of 'tag' game where they take turns on swiming up and down the tank....cool!

:p I have mine in a pair of two and they are perfectly happy, just get more than one! Scarlett

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back