Coral Id

jaylam

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi all,

Bought a leather coral today but im not sure which type it is, the guy in the store said it was a cabbage leather coral but it im not sure, also anyone know what the 3rd and 4th picture is thats growing on my rock....i.e. good or bad.

logo.jpg

logo.jpg

logo.jpg

Could be a cabbage, that is just getting used to the tank :good: but the other looks awfully like a mojano :blink:

Seffie x

I would agree, looks like a cabbage!

Aipaista or mojano is the other. Considered a pest as it stings other corals. Once damaged will reproduce from any bit of flesh and can overrun the tank if allowed. File fish eat them as do peppermint shrimp. I used a product called joes juice from ebay. It does literally kill them within minutes. No need to remove anything for treatment. Also totally reef safe!

As seffie ad rdp, cabbage and majano. I also use joes juice and is the best in my opinion. Use a syringe(supplied) and squirt onto it, never to be seen again ;)

Thanks all, I have 4 peppermint shrimp and have a bottle of joe's juice so will squirt it in a min.

What sort of growth should I expect for the leather, I have 2 t5's.

It will thrive under t5s, as long as there is nothing close enough to it to sting him

Seffie x

Most reactions

Back