Coral Help - Agressiveness ?

lewiss

Fish Herder
Reaction score
This is a bit of a big question cos there's lots of answers - I need help and explaining about corals being aggressive!

So I've rea about zoas being aggressive and having turf wars- so is that between other zoas or all other corals. I'm trying to change my tank layout and I've seen some peoples tanks are full of coral, next to each other so close they almost touch and living piecefully. If I list my corals can you help out with the ones tht need to be alone?? And would damage or kill other corals?

Zoa - green nd brown
Toadstall
Australian spider sponge
Star polyps
Finger coral
Red chilli coral
Green Duncan coral
2 x cynarina
Acan frag

I'll soon have a number of sponges, trumpet coral, sun coral, pink goniopora, moondust favia, galexia, blue daisy zoas, acopora, blue tonga mushrooms, and a blue pepper seafan.

So what corals there will be aggressive and damage each other if placed next to each other?

Thanks in advance!!

Lewis

This is a bit of a big question cos there's lots of answers - I need help and explaining about corals being aggressive!

So I've rea about zoas being aggressive and having turf wars- so is that between other zoas or all other corals. (peaceful between zoas, and slightly aggressive with other corals) I'm trying to change my tank layout and I've seen some peoples tanks are full of coral, next to each other so close they almost touch and living piecefully. If I list my corals can you help out with the ones tht need to be alone?? And would damage or kill other corals?

Zoa - green nd brown peaceful with eachother
Toadstall peaceful
Australian spider sponge not aggressive, but don't usually last in tanks
Star polyps peaceful
Finger coral assuming you mean finger leather, peaceful
Red chilli coral Don't usually last long, but peaceful
Green Duncan coral pretty peaceful, but don't let it touch peaceful stuff
2 x cynarina pretty peaceful, but don't let it touch
Acan frag depending on the species, they can be quite aggressive

I'll soon have a number of sponges, trumpet coral (don't let it touch), sun coral, pink goniopora, moondust favia (don't let it touch), galexia (aggressive), blue daisy zoas, acopora 9anything it touches will die0, blue tonga mushrooms, and a blue pepper seafan.

So what corals there will be aggressive and damage each other if placed next to each other?

Thanks in advance!!

Lewis

Thank you demasonisrule.. Very kind of you to help me out there. Really appreciate.

The galaxia is highly aggressive and has long sweeper tentacles so unless you have a large enough tank to give it lots of space I wouldn't recommend it.

I would recommend against getting goniopora as well. Very few ever survive in captivity even in the most experienced hands.

Star Polyps are peaceful. However be aware that it can spread very, very quickly and will overgrow anything they doesn't pack a good sting if you let it.

Other then that the rest of your list is pretty peaceful.

Most reactions

Back