Convo I Just Overheard In Lfs

Not having heard the conversation first hand it is hard to judge the situation. But, nevertheless, I tend to agree with you that he doesn't sound like a very responsible fishkeeper. There are a lot of people like that out there in the world. All we can do is hope they find forums like this and learn more about different ways to keep fish. But, I suppose critisizing the ignorant doesn't really help much...:dunno:

Edit: Spelling
 
[/quote]

Who am i to judge you? on what you say or do? im only just begining, to see the real you :lol: :lol:
[/quote]

Hehe dno if that is good or bad :crazy:
 
The problem is that half the lfs are not responsible fish keepers either.
I always wanted to learn further when I started the hobby, but some people don't which is a shame as the fish end up suffering.
 
Hehe dno if that is good or bad :crazy:

Its neither good or bad lol, just a joke :lol:

Oki doki lol, and i agree with larissa (the bit about him not being responsible), the man should do whats best for the fish not whats best for him, I bet if he would buy chemicals he would be spending less in the long run then if he was replacing ornaments constantly
 
I am going to go with the old man on this so bear with me please.
The truth is that the only chemical you should need is dechlorinator. If you change your water often enough and clean your filter when it needs it, your fish will be happy and healthy and your water parameters will be stable. You won't need a test kit to prove it although its handy to have until you get the tank well established. You won't destroy your nitrogen converting bacteria with antibiotics. You won't get pH spikes by adding adding pH controlling chemicals. You won't ruin the chemistry of your tank with artificial fertilizers. Your plants probably won't grow very fast because you are not fertilizing but, unless you are in the plant business, that's not a problem. You will have fish that are well adapted to their water because the water will be the same today as last month.
He may have put it badly but I can't argue with a laissez faire approach that just takes care of keeping the water fresh and clean.
Yes I have a test kit and have used it and I tested daily while establishing my tanks and still do with a new one. I test maybe once a month on a well established tank because that is often enough to catch a negative trend. I have good quality filters and heaters and do understand the chemistry involved with my tanks. I prefer a light biological load in my tanks so I watch my stocking levels. I do grow plants and have DIY CO2 on one tank because it has high light levels but I don't sell plants so I don't worry about supplemental fertilizing. My fish produce enough waste to keep my slow growing plants healthy. I don't have any meds on hand and don't have any diseases in my tanks. If I should mess up and get a sick fish, I will consult with the experts before getting the one treatment needed for that one problem.
 
Also with him not using chemicals he might be talking about ph buffers etc or for dechlorinating water he might leave it out for 24hrs and do it that way, withiut knowing the full story you can't judge them, he could of been talking when he was about 10!
 
I agree on the chemical issue - all I ever add to my tank is dechlorinator. But, about tossing out the ornaments, it seems like there might be some underlying issue, like not gravel vacuming very regularly or doing water changes or something else. A healthy tank should not smell bad. Again, it is hard to judge the situation without being there or knowing the context it was in but, mermaidmel obviously picked up bad vibes from the conversation - sometimes you just can'd deny your instincts.
 
Also with him not using chemicals he might be talking about ph buffers etc or for dechlorinating water he might leave it out for 24hrs and do it that way, withiut knowing the full story you can't judge them, he could of been talking when he was about 10!

LOL he wasn't talking about when he was 10. Trust me, I listened in and had a nosey, he is talking about the present day. But yes it's true I don't live in his house and have a webcam set up there either.


I'll get my coat..... :unsure:
 
Also with him not using chemicals he might be talking about ph buffers etc or for dechlorinating water he might leave it out for 24hrs and do it that way, withiut knowing the full story you can't judge them, he could of been talking when he was about 10!

LOL he wasn't talking about when he was 10. Trust me, I listened in and had a nosey, he is talking about the present day. But yes it's true I don't live in his house and have a webcam set up there either.


I'll get my coat..... :unsure:

And you think Esfa is a stalker :shifty:
 
Also with him not using chemicals he might be talking about ph buffers etc or for dechlorinating water he might leave it out for 24hrs and do it that way, withiut knowing the full story you can't judge them, he could of been talking when he was about 10!

LOL he wasn't talking about when he was 10. Trust me, I listened in and had a nosey, he is talking about the present day. But yes it's true I don't live in his house and have a webcam set up there either.


I'll get my coat..... :unsure:

And you think Esfa is a stalker :shifty:


I heard my name :shifty:
 
Also with him not using chemicals he might be talking about ph buffers etc or for dechlorinating water he might leave it out for 24hrs and do it that way, withiut knowing the full story you can't judge them, he could of been talking when he was about 10!

LOL he wasn't talking about when he was 10. Trust me, I listened in and had a nosey, he is talking about the present day. But yes it's true I don't live in his house and have a webcam set up there either.


I'll get my coat..... :unsure:

And you think Esfa is a stalker :shifty:

PMSL I was looking for something I couldn't find, it took long enough to find that I heard the 2 minute convo. I wasn't hiding behind the aquatic plants I SWEAR IT :P
 
And who was Esfa stocking...Kelly Clarkson according to his interests profile? :lol:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top