Convo I Just Overheard In Lfs

heheehe I was just being the devils advocate lol sorry, I see what your saying but I do wonder to a certain extent whether everything we have available now caused all our problems we now encounter??

Ooh yeah was so simple in the old days because there was no choice. But people didn't live as long remember! Even if you use water and a towel to clean your mirrors, or a bowl over a fire and a big stick to wash your clothes in, you still did some cleaning. You can't live happily in your own ming for very long can ya!

I dont even use a heater or filter and I change the water once a month, works perfect
it can work perfect only if you do a walter change each week or fort night if water is left any longer
you can run in to problems. i run a fishhoues i dont ues heaters or filters but space heat the room .
i do not ues any form of cemicals dechlorinata or test kits.i have had a fish house of 60 thanks for for the past 25 years i have keept and breed thousands of fish in this way. so please dont joke about something you dont know about.
 
Irresponsible fishkeeping really gets under my skin. Why not just give the fish away to someone who will care for them properly?

Unfortunately, when you try to challenge irresponsible fishkeeping, you almost always are met with a sea of success stories when no water changes were performed for years etc etc, but the fish are alive and well. Well, i don't doubt these stories are true, but i can say for sure that the fish survive in spite of these methods and not because of them.

The most common success story is probably "My goldfish lived in a 5 litre bowl with no filter and no water changes for 20 years". Yeah, sure these people kept the fish alive, but i could burn my daughter with my lighter on a daily basis, keep her chained up in a cupboard and only allow her bread and water. She'd probably live for years, but certainly not because of my methods.

I don't agree that one method is preached by all on here and any other method is attacked, but instead that many of our members are keen to give their fish the best possible care and it just annoys them when they hear of others who neglect theirs. If it was a dog, the RSPCA would take it from you. Unfortunately, these measures are not really enforced for fish.

I applaud any method which will offer the fish the best possible environment, but i can't begin to see how these lazy methods can possibly do so.

I'm sure this will cause a stir.

BTT
 
hahaha I only originally replied to literalyy play devils advocate and get everyone elses views with a healthy debate!!! I personally always use "chemicals" although im sure that other methods work just as well
 
Irresponsible fishkeeping really gets under my skin. Why not just give the fish away to someone who will care for them properly?

Unfortunately, when you try to challenge irresponsible fishkeeping, you almost always are met with a sea of success stories when no water changes were performed for years etc etc, but the fish are alive and well. Well, i don't doubt these stories are true, but i can say for sure that the fish survive in spite of these methods and not because of them.

The most common success story is probably "My goldfish lived in a 5 litre bowl with no filter and no water changes for 20 years". Yeah, sure these people kept the fish alive, but i could burn my daughter with my lighter on a daily basis, keep her chained up in a cupboard and only allow her bread and water. She'd probably live for years, but certainly not because of my methods.

I don't agree that one method is preached by all on here and any other method is attacked, but instead that many of our members are keen to give their fish the best possible care and it just annoys them when they hear of others who neglect theirs. If it was a dog, the RSPCA would take it from you. Unfortunately, these measures are not really enforced for fish.

I applaud any method which will offer the fish the best possible environment, but i can't begin to see how these lazy methods can possibly do so.

I'm sure this will cause a stir.

BTT

:clap:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top