Converting From Saltwater

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

danb_1985

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
as i've recently posted im converting back to freshwater from saltwater. just wondering since my tank has had saltwater in it is there any special way needed to clean it to get rid of the salt?

scrub it as much as you can. if you have coraline algae then scrape that off with a blade, but make sure you di it at the right angle else you could scratch the glass..

most people go FW to SW, why are you going the other way??? :unsure:

i originally did fw to sw but at the minute finance dictated it really. that and had flooding problems with my skimmer and condensation problems.

will go back to sw eventually tho but wen i can havea real go at it

oh ok, its a shame about that. i cant believe how expensive it is. I was going to get a SW a few months ago but got an xbox instead! now theres a nice marine tank on eBay quite cheap. I think i might have a bid... ;)

hope my advice helps?

yeah it does thanks. i tried cheap stuff off ebay (skimmer) but didnt work. you need to be able to buy good stuff for marin imo. just a warnin from experience

yes there is alot of marine equipment from hong kong which you have to be careful of.. i guess its all just cheap crap!

Basically, just rinse the equipment. Everything will come off over time. There is very little that can live in full marine and in FW so there is no problem with diseases/pathogens.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back