Conversion From Cold Water To Tropical Tank

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Jimbo1984 said:
Nah maybe in Canada! 21 celsius is average room temperature in UK. I looked into this when setting my tank up and 25 celsius seemed a good temp.
Oh yeah haha, yeah 25 is Reg. room temperature here in Canada. Omega One spurilina flakes, frozen brineand Hikari sinking pellets (small) is a good combo for your fish. Those are just some of the foods I feed mine.

I would personally rehome the single cory as they really need to be in groups and as stated not in that size tank...i have a 25litre tank with a single male betta and he loves it lol

Don't worry about it. Pet shops should tell you this, but unfortunately they are full of inept people that don't know what they're talking about and just want to get the tills ringing. I'm personally not a fan of flakes, messy and get everywhere. I buy Hikari stuff, small fish go nuts for their Micro Pellets. There's a massive choice but I'd definitely get some Tropical food. I have some for sale if you want it? Ha! I'm closing my tank down you seen and have allsorts of stuff to get rid of!I had 6 Glowlight Danios in a small tank, around 28 litres and they were fine. What danio is it?

Ah I wondered :) thanks for the offer but ill pick some up.
He's a zebra Danio. Do they need friends of the same breed or can you mix danios?

I would personally rehome the single cory as they really need to be in groups and as stated not in that size tank...i have a 25litre tank with a single male betta and he loves it lol

Ill have to get a bigger tank I think! He's been in the 'family' for years, he's at least 8 years old so wouldn't want to lose him.
Your betta looks like a very happy little guy! :)

I'd stick to the same breed for now. You can mix breeds in big tanks but obviously there would be a group of each. You may want to consider rehoming the Cory as mentioned. See if anyone on here has a tank with the same ones or something. Or if you're attached, it's new tank time! Just watch out with mts (multi-tank syndrome) it can seriously reduce living space in a short time period!

Nah maybe in Canada! 21 celsius is average room temperature in UK. I looked into this when setting my tank up and 25 celsius seemed a good temp.
Oh yeah haha, yeah 25 is Reg. room temperature here in Canada. Omega One spurilina flakes, frozen brineand Hikari sinking pellets (small) is a good combo for your fish. Those are just some of the foods I feed mine.

Excellent thanks! Very jealous of your 25 degree room temp!

I'd stick to the same breed for now. You can mix breeds in big tanks but obviously there would be a group of each. You may want to consider rehoming the Cory as mentioned. See if anyone on here has a tank with the same ones or something. Or if you're attached, it's new tank time! Just watch out with mts (multi-tank syndrome) it can seriously reduce living space in a short time period!

New tank time! :)

Again, you want a Juwel Rio 125 and fish? External filter, ornaments, food, accessories, ornaments, plants?

Again, you want a Juwel Rio 125 and fish? External filter, ornaments, food, accessories, ornaments, plants?

Have you got it up for sale on eBay or somewhere I can take a look at it?

Most reactions

Back